“Tasty street food”

Ranked #5 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local BBQ & Chinese Fusion Locally Owned and Full Family Operated Business. Relatively New* Come Check it out and ask for our Fav. Specials.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Solid choice for some late night barbeque meat. The chicken was well-marinated and flavorful and the chips (French fries) were fine. Nothing too spectacular but definitely hits the spot.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited three times with a group of 14. Consistently excellent food especially chicken Sekela, garlic naan and Ajam bread. Thank you for excellent customer service.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was decent, considering the price you pay it's very good. BUT, the setting in it's simplicity is not exactly what I want when doing absolutely anything other then having a quick bite by myself.

Also, the place doesn't serve alcohol which is totally against my religion, because of this I doubt I will ever be back

1  Thank Ryan_Atkinson
Reviewed July 22, 2013

No idea how this place managed to stay off of my radar for so long!

After having heard of it from different sources, last week I finally managed to give Mamboz a try and, I must say, it was worth it.

The food was excellent and the prices very reasonable. The service was surprisingly fast, although I have to mention there wasn't much people on a Wednesday night. I believe on week-ends it's another story.

Besides the great food, what we all enjoyed very much was the nice atmosphere. What during the day is a busy and crowded road, full of cars and bikes trying to run you over, during the night turns out to be a place for families to hang out and take an evening walk. A Dar es Salaam you would never suspect to exist.

In just one night Mamboz managed to enter in my top five.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Their grilled chicken is very good. The way they marinated and barbecued their chicken was just fantastic. I've tasted all kinds of BBQ chicken, but yet this one has its own unique taste and makes you want to go back for more. They have an assortment of condiments to go with your chicken, but for me, the chicken is just so tasty that I don't have the need for any.

If you want to eat good food at those prices, this is the place for you. With half a chicken and a whole bunch of chips would only set you back TZS6500 which is just worth it. They do have other choices of food, but the main attraction and pull of this place would be their grilled chicken.