“100% agree with HusaynKara's comments: can't stand the heat, get take out!!!”
Review of Mamboz Restaurant

Mamboz Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local BBQ & Chinese Fusion Locally Owned and Full Family Operated Business. Relatively New* Come Check it out and ask for our Fav. Specials.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had so many recommendations from friends & relatives to visit MAMBOZ, I had planned my trip last summer with family. We had an awesome experience at MAMBOZ... the food was delicious and the price you cant go wrong at all...the service was good, as the place was packed and we knew so we wanted to catch this moment of busy time.
One of the owner, Shan came to our table and greeted us -- he was courteous & friendly that we felt so comfortable talking to him just like an American friend, yes, rare you see owner comes to the table -- in our conversation we found he was from New York... I would not hesitate to recommend this awesome restaurant MAMBOZ to anyone & we had the best experience.
MAMBOZ keep it up as my family says the QUALITY is same as ever....WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK TO THE MANAGEMENT & you will find some retards-losers crying for fries... Shan, loved your honesty that you said go ahead and write on tripadvisor.

3  Thank Monsee

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was on holiday in Dar es Salaam and staying at the Tanzanite hotel in town centre.

5 mins walk from the hotel was MAMBOZ restaurant

I dined there several times during my stay as the food was not only excellent but reasonably priced too!!! Can’t say the same for the other restaurants I tried..

Don’t leave Dar without trying Mamboz Gajjar chicken.. – an absolute must!!!! The food has original bbq taste (on real charcoal) and Chinese food on the menu gives that extra dimension.

Service is excellent and the food when served is hot and rightly spiced!!!

Seems like a family business and everyone is so friendly.

No hesitation in recommending it – five out of five!!!

1  Thank MAlimohamed
Reviewed January 27, 2013

There are many restaurants in dar but the first restaurant that comes to my mind is mamboz restaurant which is located in town, Morogoro road and Libya street. Best hours to go are seven to eight when its not really crowded. I go to this restaurant twice week i have found myself obsessed and addicted to their special prawns, the flavors are stuck onto my test buds. I love this restaurant so much because of several reasons.
First and foremost, this restaurant provides a great variety of food especially barbecue to be more precise. You can get chicken with fries, special prawns, fish fingers, spring cousine and many more. Secondly all waiters in the restaurant are friendly and welcoming. Shane a person who is trying his very best to conduct a very busy restaurant and is always around to check if everything is fine. I agree that sometimes the service can be poor and it may take abit longer but we need to understand that others are also waiting. The prices of the dishes are also very affordable, mamboz also has a room indoor special for families with children or for people who do not prefer outdoor atmosphere. Mamboz is the best restaurant for me and i would like to advise everyone to visit this restaurant and i am sure that you will like it. Mamboz all the best and keep the good work going on.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've Been A Regular At Mamboz Since The Begining Of Last Year.The Quality Of The Food Has Been Consistently Very Good;I'd Give A Hundred Percent To The Chief Cook For The Taste.
As Regards The Service,I See Shaan Doing His Best As Far As Customer Service & Relation.U Hardly Find The Owner Coming Over To Your Dining Table Time & Again To Make Sure We Get The Best & Fastest Possible Service.Some Of Us Are Used To Looking At Things The Positive Way So The Odds Can Be Worked Upon.
I Do Agree Things Could Get Out Of Hand At Any Highly Populated Restaurant As Regards Customer Service But What We Got To Look At Is That The Guys Doing A Great Job Which Includes Puting A Smile On Our Faces Even During The Peak Hours.
As Regards The Place & The Environment,I Ask Shaan To Work Things Out With His Seniors & Arrange For A Better Place Where We Could Accomodate More People & Offer Us Better Service.As A Matter Of Fact I've Seen Him Being Busy Working On The Takeaways As Much As He Works On Our Orders That We Wait For At Their Premises.
We Could Write Anything About Mamboz Here Coz They Are Open For Suggestions But Please Let's Try To Put Things In A More Reasonable Way & Next Time Someone Writes Something,I'd Ask Them To Put Themselves In The Boots Of Mamboz And Imagine Ourselves Doing That Job.I Belive They Are Doing A Great Job.
Thank You Shaan & Mamboz As A Team;U Will Always Have My Loyalty As Long As The Quality In The Taste Remains & I'm Pretty Much Sure The Majority Of The Customers Will Remain.
All The Very Best...

1  Thank HusaynKara
Reviewed January 26, 2013

In the heart of busy central dares salaam there is a place where the whole city gathers. A place where you will find all sorts of people from all directions. I am a local from Dar. I have been around many place and lots of places in Dar. I am absolutely astounding my the quality of authentic street style barbeque chicken that they serve here. After having the flagship chicken sekela which is offered at almost any and all barbecue place here in Dar all offering similar sekelas.

Now I have been hooked and addicted to this special Gajjar Design sekela this is by far the best most spicy-ist chicken I have tasted. since then coming to mamboz either i will leave crying swearing at everyone I see how spicy it was or swearing at everyone of how spicy it wasn't. Complimented with the special home made sauces makes this iconic meal and definite success and so mouth watering that after writing this I will probably visit them soon this week.

Until next round Mamboz