“Stay at the Double Tree Hotel, Tanzania.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay
Ranked #5 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa
“Stay at the Double Tree Hotel, Tanzania.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I landed at the Airport, I was met by a driver that transferred me to the Hotel. on my arrival I was welcomed in a friendly manner and given a warm cookie. Within minutes everything was done and I was on my way to my room. I found this very luxurious and astonished by the neatness and good furniture. I will refer anybody to book their stay at this Hotel in Tanzania.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Kenneth
Thank you for your positive comments. My team and I welcome your comments as we continually strive to make the guest experience a memorable one. Asante Sana!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was huge but not as modern as some other hotels I have stayed at. Unfortunately I did not get a see view and had to look at the street which was not great. The service was okay, checkin was a very lengthy affair though. Food was okay but not great. I did not see any better hotels in the area so would probably stay here again but not so much put of choice.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Gerrit777

Thank you for your valued comments. I am sure you will not be disappointed on your next visit as we are creating a new "themed" restaurant experience for all our guests. I have taken up the length of your check-in experience with our FO Manager and the required training will be revisited with all our FO Desk Agents to make the process of checking in a more streamlined experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel was satisfactory, with large rooms and a good location. However the drainage in my bathroom was non-existent, whoch made the entire room and bathroom smell very very bad, like a swamp. I was in Dar for meetings on a limited timeframe so had no time to change room, but both times i entered the room (to sleep for a few hours) it smelled terrible. Bathroom was also very old and tired, not impressive at all.

My main complaint was after checking out, i realised i left my phone charger in the room. When I rang to ask to have it sent to me, i was told "it's not there anymore, someone must ahve taken it". I suggested that it should still be there, and asked who might have taken it and the reception staff said "i don't know, maybe another guest, maybe a staff".

They were unconcerned and unapologetic, even though they suggested a staff member may have removed property from one of their rooms.

Won't stay here again.

1 Thank Katherine1604
Dear Katherine 1604

I apologize that your experience at our property was not up to your expectations. Please be assured that we take all our guest comments to heart, and our team will address each point to ensure a higher level of service.
Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Well into my second week staying at the Double Tree and i must say this is one of the better hotels i have visited for a long time.
To compare with the other places I have stayed at in DAR this is pure heaven.

The room assigned me is very comfortable, well-kept and clean. All my best to the ladies taking care of this service.

The restaurant have some limited menu and I for sure miss some more choices especially sea food. The dishes I have had have served have been tasteful and way above standard restaurant food.
Breakfast is very good, not much I miss on the breakfast buffet. Maybe I could mention that juices in general taste better chilled that they do having room temperature. Should be easy solved with a bucket of ice cubes standing beside the juices.

Reading reviews from my fellow travelers in this forum there is some complaints in regards to the service on this hotel. To be honest I think you have joust meet someone on a really bad day. (That for example a cash register or similar do not function can actually happen anywhere.) The service I have received and by that I mean all over the hotel has been fabulous. Everyone is saying hi, smiling and behave like expected on a property run by Double Tree.

The outside areas are very nice. The pool is great and the surrounding area with the big terrace is for sure worth a visit alone.

Enjoy you stay! I will for even another week.

1 Thank Oistein_O
Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Sandefjord
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments greatly motivate the Team Members. Thank You for your appreciative feedback.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The rooms are lovely. Beds are comfortable with great pillows! Bathroom and towels are clean and shower is good. It is located close to the airport and on the seafront. Internet access is free which is fantastic. The buffet meal was good - I never tried the other menu options as I was only there for one night. If you have the choice, do not take a room on the 6th floor. It’s basically a lower ground level area and is damp with no view. It’s also quite noisy as staff members walk up and down a ramp to the terrace.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on floor 6. Any room that starts with 6: example 619.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dyan
Thank You for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton, Dar es Salaam. the sleep experience is wonderful as mentioned and echoed by many other guests.
we are working on a solution to the rooms starting with 6..... and modifications and new initiatives to make these rooms as good as the others is well underway. we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very nice with friendly staff. The fastest check-in and check out I have had. The location is safe and fairly accessible. The hotel pier is a great place to relax with the view of the sea. The rooms are clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Christine
Thank You for your valuable comments. The Team appreciates your positive comments as we all see the results of the efforts made to maximise the guest experience. we warmly welcome you come back on your next visit to Dar es Salaam.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I enjoyed my 4 day stay at the Doubletree. Room was comfy. However, we could hear employees talk at night as we were on the ground floor. I was not impressed with the restaurant food: the menu is limited. The gym was ok but the trade mill needs to be replaced. Location is in safe neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a post with Trip Advisor. Its always nice to receive such comments.

I'm delighted that you had a good stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam, and so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. I shall certainly take action over the unnecessary noise, and I am happy to inform you that we do have a complete new set of Gym equipment ordered and we are just awaiting its arrival.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again to the Double Tree on your next visit.

Kind regards,