“A Great Hotel!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Arlington, United States
“A Great Hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel was magnificent looking. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my time at the Doubletree Hotel on Oyster Bay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all that come to Dar Es Salaam.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a post with Trip Advisor. Its always nice to receive such positive comments.

I'm delighted that you had such a great stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam, and so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and the helpfulness and friendliness of our Team. I shall pass on your comments to all.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again to the Double Tree on your next visit.

Roderick Peck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful ocean views within beautiful surroundings, excellent location as Slipway is within walking distance. Breakfast selection is good, hotel & rooms are clean, cleaning staff trustworthy and friendly, excellent WI-FI. Tip: Always ask for a sea facing room, the view is too beautiful to miss.

1 Thank Campbell C
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write to us through Trip Advisor. Feed back is so important.

I very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and delighted that you liked our hotel and its surroundings so much. Its also great to hear that you enjoyed our extensive breakfast and free Wi-Fi connection.

I do hope you will visit with us again at The Double Tree, when you are next in Dar es Salaam.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hilton DoubleTree in Oysterbay Dar es Salaam is a great hotel to stay in, the views at sunset are wonderful and it is located close enough to some shops and a market to be very convenient. Having stayed at other hotels in the area I enjoyed my stay there more mainly because of the location at the seaside. Although prove-wise it is a bit expensive, the location makes up for that. Service can be a bit slow and sometimes the language barrier can be a factor, but overall it is a comfortable and safe hotel to stay in.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is always so useful to receive feed back from our visitors.

I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and found our location so much to your liking, with the beach front and proximity to shops and other facilities.

I do, however, apologise that on some occasions you found a slight speed and language issue.
Please be assured that we are working very hard on all aspects of our service and that I hope by the next time you visit us again you will be able to see improvement.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Doubletree for three weeks. I have travelled to Dar es Salaam several times and this was my first time staying at the Doubletree. In the past, I have stayed at the Sea Cliff. I enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean. The staff are extremely helpful, especially Hassan who was all smiles and always so helpful. The pros: very friendly staff, very large rooms with great ocean views, nice décor, very comfortable beds, close to Slipway for souvenirs and dining, a huge lobby to relax or work using the free Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi is better in the lobby than in the rooms), breakfast buffet with a great selection, sizeable pool area with activities such as the Friday night buffet and pizza by the pool and a terrace which offers light snacks and drinks. Cons: The bathrooms need to be updated along with the linens (dingy at times), water pressure is low and menu food in the restaurant was just okay. If they updated the bathrooms, I would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an oceanview on the high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, feed back is always so very much appreciated.

I am delighted to hear that during your extended stay with us that you found our Team to be so helpful and friendly, and is also nice to hear Hassan get a mention by name. I shall thank him personally again, on your behalf.
It is also very pleasing to hear that you thought our location excellent and enjoyed our large rooms, comfortable beds, bountiful breakfasts, as well as our Friday Night entertainment.
We do have a lovely pool and garden area, and it is always appreciated by our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you found our bathrooms disappointing, however, I'm happy to announce that these are well past the planning stage to be renovated. I would hope that by the time you return I will be able to show you our new design, with walk in showers and upgraded facilities.

Once again thank you for your post and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Basic services available, but do not expect the famous cookies, none were ever available for my stay. Roaches and other bugs were crawling throughout my room and bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Cleaning staff would come into the room multiple times during the day-it was evident that people had been in my room all through the day.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Can I please apologise for the lack of service you received on your recent stay with us. I have investigated this fully and can assure you that we will do all in our power to ensure this will not occur again.

At the Double Tree, we take our Pest Control very seriously and the section of ground floor rooms that you stayed in are treated on a weekly basis, as are all of our ground and first floor areas. We also treat every bedroom, public area and even storage space in the hotel on a 30 day cycle. This has proved to be a very successful system and I can only say sorry, that in your case it proved less than 100% successful.

With the Cookies, I really don't know what to say. We have then available, and I am so sorry that you were unable to receive them. I shall make you a personal promise, that If you are able to stay with us again, not only will you most definitely receive your Cookie on arrival, but that I will have a Cookie Box prepared for you. I hope then, that you will be able to also share these with some family and friends on your return home.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back, and show to you that this is not a normal occurrence.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Double Tree by Hilton is the Hotel I stayed. I used the Hotel for meeting as well as for lodging. The service provided by the Hotel is really of high quality. The staff of the Hotel are also very hospitable. I found my stay at the Hotel really a great experience. The location of the Hotel is one of interesting attraction. The food is numerous to chose from and any person from any country has something to delight with.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Fayissa Worku C
RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely post about are hotel.

I shall pass on your thanks to all the Team here and they will be delighted to hear your comments on our service and hospitality, as well as or food variety and location.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to the Double Tree when you next return to Dar es Salaam.

Kitwe, Zambia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

For a few days in Dar es Salam, the hotel is highly recommended. The check-in procedure is frustrating as the rooms don't seem to be ready upon arrival. However once checked in the accommodation and facilities are very comfortable. Hotel used for business travel so it can be noisy with people coming and going all hours of the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Shale C
RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a post with Trip Advisor. Its always nice to receive feedback

I'm delighted that in general you had a great stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam.
However, I must apologise for the fact that your room was not ready on arrival. We always try and accommodate guests whenever they arrive, but our official check in time is 2pm. Before this guests will sometimes be slightly delayed. I do hope this was not too much of an inconvenience.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again to the Double Tree on your next visit to Tanzania.