“COULD BE BETTER” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandari Grill

Bandari Grill
Ranked #72 of 299 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“COULD BE BETTER”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Was there last night, entertaining friends from overseas.
Were welcomed warmly and led to a non smoking table for dinner.

Asked for the chef and Chef Azaam Qureshi presented himself and took our order, for a vegetarian meal.
The tandoori appetiser, Vegetable Seekh Kebab was excellent. However, the platter was presented without a serving spoon, and no teaspoons for the accompanying sauces .

The main courses, aloo palak, kadai paneer ,dal makhani and jeera rice were pretty average.
No serving spoons given. When we requested for the same, we were given soup spoons.

The breads from the tandoor, the garlic naan, and the roti were a delight. the garlic naan was soft and fluffy, and the rotis was cooked to perfection.

Our waiter, Charles, was more interested in looking out of the entrance glass door than attending to us. A repeat order for a beer took more than 10 minutes to reach us, even though the restaurant was empty.

After dinner, we waited and waited for the finger bowls to arrive.

The manager, a man dressed in a black suit, kept walking up and down, but not once did he stop at our table and neither did he ask us if everything was ok.

By the same token, a few months ago, I had the pleasure of having their Indian buffet for dinner on a Saturday night, and the food and service at that time was impeccable.

The food and beverage manager needs to pull up his/her socks in staff training and anticipating guest needs.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I love the Mutton Biriyaani here. Amazing taste. You won't get such a great biriyani elsewhere in Dar es Salaam. The buffet is also simply great!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
USA
“Indian in TZ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

rather decent Indian food. 5 of us shared dishes and enjoyed our meal. wine list was 25% off so made for reasonable prices and entrees not that expensive. a safe choice

Visited June 2013
Lusaka
“Worst Steak Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I will begin with a disclaimer that may explain my bias. Wherever I go, I always order a well done pepper steak because it’s my favourite meal. On my last evening at the New Africa Hotel, I decided to go down to the Bandari Grill located on the 1st floor and ordered what else but a well done pepper steak. I guess the chef didn’t get the message because what was served to me after waiting 30 minutes was a steak still dripping with blood (sounds like a scene from a horror movie). After sending the steak back to the kitchen, they managed to char the outside but left the inside still rare. At this point I was convinced that the Chef must be a vampire and decided to eat only the cooked part of the steak which I found to be hard and the pepper sauce didn’t quite do it for me. Thus this qualifies as the worst steak that I’ve ever been served anywhere.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Namukulo M
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Best Briyani in Dar....................................................................”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I can't forget the taste of briyani at bandari grill. Amazing lunch buffet. and dinner. Harbour view and church near by to have a wonderfull evenings.

Visited September 2012