“Could Be Great, But...”

Epi d'or
Ranked #7 of 323 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: French, Lebanese, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located at Haile Selassie road in Masaki. Epidor has been 17 years of serving freshly bake bread and pastries. We also serve sumptuous Lebanese and Continental dishes. Excellent place for all kinds of functions.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This cafe has a good location and atmosphere. However being a lebanese restaurant you would expect better arabic food as well as the availability of shesha.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The worst ginger tea I have drunken in my life. No lemon no real ginger just a tea bag.

Asked for the internet access password i was told they have not received from the head quarter at 11.30 a.m. this is for second time i have been told in this cafe. shame for the management and the whole epidor cafe team. this is a very topical scenario in dar. cafe, clubs, restaurant start well in the beginning and after a while the quality and service go done to square one.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went there a couple of times. The place seems to be good for a chat with friends or a family with children, to sip a mint lemonade or a coffee with freshly made pastry. The food, at daytime, was not good at all. Very basic chicken and basic untasty fish. Points for the lemonade.The service was attending but slowish. Lemonade 4500 tsh (2 EUR/3 USD), food around 20000 tsh (9 EUR/14 USD). Credit card payment possible.

1  Thank jusaja
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoy bringing our family here on a regular basis, one of the few places you can sit and have a coffee or snack and let the little ones play. Never eaten inside but outside food good and service always good.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We just arrived in town rather late at night and still wanted a quick bite somewhere closeby the hotel. When the receptionist at the hotel mentioned a Lebanese restaurant that was called "Epidor" I remembered that many years back you had a "boulangerie" on Samora Avenue in centre of town named that way. To my pleasant surprise it was the same place, but they have moved to these premises in the residential area of Dar, and actually it is still a boulangerie upfront, a nice garden / outside dining area besides, and another building with a lebanese restaurant in it. I do not know if their sandwiches are as good as I found them many years back, but we seated outside and I took a seafood salad and my friend took a mix of a few typical lebanese foodstuffs like hummus and so, and both of us were very satisfied with the quality of our food, really delicious. Also the prices are very reasonable, for instance we took a good bottle of Chenin Blanc of RSA and it was only eur 10 ... amazingly low. Also the waiter was untypically tanzanian very quick and proactive, how wonderfull. On my way out I took some croissants along from the boulangerie, and yes, without surprise, although I only ate them next morning, they were still of the same quality like I remember from years ago. We did not have enough local currency along, and amazingly they do not take advantage of that and give you the exact same exchange rate for our dollars as we got the next day in a forex bureau in town. Well done overall, and I will surely come back.

1  Thank Kortenbergtraveler