“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago, but I gotta say it is a great place to stay. Right just at the perfect place from the centre city centre. You feel like you are at the centre of it all! Fantastic for site seeing. The staff are friendly, and the rooms are a very decent side. The roof top restaurant is quite a great place to chill out and has the right kind of ambience.
Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to people travelling to Dar Es Salaam!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mahesh L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Varmul,

Greetings from Holiday Inn dar Es Salaam!

We thank you writing a review about your experiences at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam. We are happy to know that you like our rooms, services and the roof top restaurant.

We appreciate your good words about our staff. It feels good to know that our staff is taking good acre of the guests and looking after them attentively.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you once again when you are in Dar!

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This a three star property, Service is bad , I had to approach the General Manager to get basic things moving. Food is average. Pool is a tank filled with water, best avoided.

They charge you money for room service and deliver really pathetic food. So do'nt even try. bathrooms are very small and clogged. Stay here if it is for a limited duration and you do'nt have much money to spend.

Room Tip: None, you always keep on praying when you stay will come to an end.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear deekshitm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the unsatisfactory quality and service you have received during your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I would really like to review this hotel better, but I was kind of disappointing. I've stayed at this hotel twice over the past two months and can't say I was impressed either time. On the plus side it is in a great location, right in the center of the city with nice staff. There is also a nice rooftop restaurant/bar with some decent options (however service is very slow) and great views of the city. Strange enough, they also advertise helicopter transport to the airport since they're the only building in Dar with a helipad on the roof! The breakfast buffet was average fare. On the negative side:

- walls are rather thin...you can often hear people in the other rooms talk at normal volumes
- not very much lighting; rooms seem dark. Some lighting fixtures need to be replaced.
- the A/C isn't the most efficient; sometimes the rooms smell mildew-y
- the bathrooms are very uninspiring and cramped; looks as though they were an afterthought. the mirrors in mine had scratches on it.
- TV doesn't get many stations, and most are poor quality
- WIFI isn't strong. In my room it only works when I'm standing near the door...in other places of the hotel it won't connect at all.
- carpets are worn and slightly dirty
- visible signs of wear/tear/age in hallways
- there is this green light in the rooms that faces the floors, while useful at night, is too bright!

Overall, if you need a nice-ish place to stay for a night at the end of a safari or beach vacation in Dar, the Holiday Inn should be fine. If you're staying for longer than 2-3 days, especially for business, I would suggest another hotel. The Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam just lacks finesse compared to other hotels in the area. Doubtful I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Friday and Saturday nights the hotel hosts a club with a DJ on the top floor, so I would request a r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Eric D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is located very close to the city center. You get lots of taxis from this place. The city center is walkable from this hotel. It has outdated equipment in GYM, sad experience for a people like me. The rooms are kept very clean, the service at the front desk is good and warm. The towels served wont be white unless you ask for it. So don't be surprised if you notice sub standard towels in your room. Request for a nice towels, you will get it. I stayed there for 5 days and did not find any change in the breakfast menu. You will find the same thing at the same place. One would wonder if that is fresh or old stuff. On the whole i wasn't very happy with gym, breakfast and towels and may be I missed a few more things. Please visit them to validate.

Room Tip: Please be specific about your likes for breakfast, towel quality and cleanliness. You might get bett...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear rduraikannan,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review about your visit. I am happy that our location was of convenience. However, please accept my apologies if this stay was less than satisfactory due to the condition of the gym facility and breakfast served. We take all feedback seriously and your comments will help us improve what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a good value stay if you use IHG points and as Platinum I enjoy the lounge and free breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, and usually a suite upgrade. Its not a luxury hotel for sure, but its where I always stay when in Dar on my way to a safari or beach holiday. Staff is friendly; reception is efficient; ATMs in banks are close by (although it was better several year sago when there was one in the hotel); the bar on the top floor is excellent for the views , drinks and entertainment; ferry is close, and other places you may want to go are not far away some by walking , some by taxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Mahesh L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Gordonnomad,

Warm greetings from Holiday Inn City Centre Dar Es Salaam!

I thank you so much for writing a beautiful review about our property on tripadvisor.com. We are happy to know that you have always been using our hotel for your stay in Dar ES Salaam and you have always found this hotel to be good because of the location, services and the friendly attitude of staff. It is good to receive good comments from our regular and loyal guests who stay with us more frequently. Our hotel is very well located such that it becomes convenient for all our business guests to move around in the city.

We hope to see you more often to use our facilities and services. We will try to make your stay more comfortable every time you stay with us.

Looking forward to meet you during your next visit to Dar Es Salaam.

Best regards,

Holiday Inn City Centre
Dar Es Salaam Tanzania

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in holiday inn last month and I was very happily pleased because in Africa it is not easy to find such nice hotels.staff very friendly,very clean rooms, nice room service ,food very good ,private taxi, good location.everything very nice .

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Mariantontis,

Warm greetings from Holiday Inn dar Es Salaam!

We would like to thank you for writing a review about Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam on tripadvisor.com It is good to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our property.

We look forward to see you again at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam on your next visit. We can assure you that we will strive to make your next visit more comfortable.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 4 day business trip to Dar Es Salaam travelling from the UK, the location was great, right in the city centre and close to the office I was visiting. This was my second visit to the hotel. The hotel in general was very comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly, recognising me after the first day. My room was very spacious and bright and although I used the air con at times I was also able to open the window which is rare now for some hotels I have stayed in. The room was serviced every day with clean towels replaced and bottles of water complimentary. The working desk was excellent and with free internet I could carry on my work in the evening. I used the laundry service and it came back the same day with shirts ironed and on hangers, very good service. I have stayed in many Holiday Inns and this one was very good, I particularly liked the roof top restaurant and bar with comfy sofas and a view of the whole city, very cooling in the evening with a nice breeze. I would recommend this hotel again and although a swimming pool would have been a nice addition the gym and plunge pool were sufficient for my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MaheshCLangoo_68, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Naveed,

Warm Greetings from Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam!

I am happy to know about your thoughts of Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam. We thank you for your excellent review of our property on tripadvisor.com. We are happy to see that you appreciate our services. It is always good to see our guests coming back to use our hotel and services once again. It reflects about your faith in Holiday Inn brand and particularly in our property at Dar Es Salaam. It is our constant endeavor to live up to your expectations and surpass them.

We look forward to see you again in near future, we will be happy to welcome you once again.

Geberal Manager