“Good value, clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre
Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Tampa, Florida
“Good value, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This isn't my favorite hotel in Dar, but it is good for a short stay when you need to be downtown. The hotel starts with an acceptable entrance and good area for checking in. There is always a helpful bellman and the staff at reception are efficient and courteous. The rooms are quite acceptable. They are not grand, and the fit and finish leave a little to be desired in the bathroom, but they are certainly acceptable. The internet works well. The rooms are quite quiet even though the hotel is on a busy street. The restaurant is much improved over previous stays. That was appreciated. The price is good for the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel after your most recent visit with us. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us again and you found us to be good value, comfortable and clean.

I was glad that you enjoyed our central location in Dar Es Salaam and you found that despite this location the rooms were very quiet and you were able to relax. I was also happy to note that you found our staff to be efficient and courteous and you found the restaurant much improved since your previous stay. I have passed these comments on to the whole team to motivate them to continue their good work.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Mahesh Langoo Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 night at the suite
Setting is good but a lot of cracks and broken accessories
The closet smell bad, the electricity is not working as it should, the aircon fan can't be tuned , wifi signal was very low
Maintenance people act quickly and professionally
Amenities in the suite-poor collection

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Shlbre,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Unfortunately I had to stretch my Tz visit to the following week but I am impressed with the hospitality of Holiday Inn staffs, everyone treated me as I am home. The chef served me the food I want to eat, the reception people helped me to arrange very good trip of Dar city,

The food is the best, the room is the best and overall you will feel that you are in heaven

I can only say "Its Wonderful"

Room Tip: Room on 10th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed a wonderful stay.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant. We pride ourselves on the delicious cuisine that we offer, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of this feature. I have passed on these comments to the whole restaurant and kitchen team in order to motivate them to continue their wonderful work.

I was also glad to note that the reception team were very welcoming and made you feel at home. Once again, high levels of customer service are an area that the team focus on and the fact that they have exceeded your expectations comes as a great pleasure to me.

Once again many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Mahesh Chandler Langoo
Deputy General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hotel is conveniently situaed in city center / business district. Although the room look aging (furniture, bath tub etc...) but it was well maintained and clean. I found the choice of 2 pillows types (hard / soft) very convenient. There are not many international TV channels.
Service is to the minimum required. Staff lacks smile but was helpful.
Breakfast buffet was a bit limited but still decent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear 3orsa-B09

Thank you for your recent review, our hotels location is perfect for the city centre. With easy access to all major international corporations, financial institutions and the Zanzibar Ferry Port..

We are currently in the process of adding to our international TV channels, we already offer CNN, Al Jazeera, Star TV, China State Television, one Italian Channel and a host of English Language channels with global sports coverage from Supersport and several Movie and Light entertainment channels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn.

Karibu tena
Antibes, France
Reviewed July 8, 2013

In May i stay 4 days in this hotel, I arrive midnidght, they give me room 314, in the morning when i go to the window surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , 1 meter in front of my window is swiming pool toilet (see pics) , it's not a joke it's realy the situation, I request another room , the respons was "we don't have other room, we are full !", during 4 days curtains stay close all time (I work 50% of time in room) : Never accept room 312 to 315 in this hotel
Meals : they are not going to have star for quality of meals (including breakfast is bad)
NEVER I RETURN TO THIS HOTEL
Pics I put is one from outside where you see distance between window room and toilet !

Room Tip: NEVER ROOM at third floor in front of swiming pool
1 Thank YvesD187217
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear YvesD187217,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations that did not live up to your expectations and if we were not able to honor your request for change room due to full occupancy during your stay. We also apologize you were not satisfied with our food selections. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nairobi
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My first stay at this hotel started badly with the hotel guaranteeing me to get a room when they were obviously overbooked. Consequently, they had to transfer me to another, poorer hotel for my first night. The rooms are "standard" in design with tiny shower closets and no birth tubs - I had requested my travel agent for a superior room.

Meals were OK with a one-man band playing and sing blues at the ground floor restaurant. There was a great band playing at the rooftop bar. Unfortunately, this band stopped playing just when I was beginning to enjoy the music and a drink after dinner. I commented about it to a supervisor who only advised me to come for more music the following day - with similar timing. The hotel should operate the bar till late...

The hotel is strategically located for business being within the central business district of Dar es Salaam. However, as in many Holiday Inn hotels, do not expect 5 star accommodation and treatment. The hotel is generally a "lower" cost hotel, and like nearly all hotels in Africa, it provides airport transfers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
eclipse22, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear LennyM,

We offer live music every night in our El Gaucho ground floor restaurant, and the Al Dar rooftop venue features a live band on Thursday and Friday evenings.

The Al Dar is open till 2am nightly.

Karibu Tena
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I began our trip to Tanzania at the Holiday Inn in Dar and it was a great hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and on site cars and drivers were invaluable. The taxis in Dar will rip you off and are many times not safe, but the staff at the hotel could be hired out for a day and you knew you would make it back safely. The hotel itself, although a little pricey, was centrally located, comfortable, and had a good restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KFGroh,

Thnak you for your review, we appreciate your positive comments.

Taxi's in Tanzania are unfortunately not always the safest of places, and we always encourage our guests to use the hotel's approved service.

Karibu tena