“Not bad for Dar” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Vancouver, Canada
“Not bad for Dar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've travelled to Dar about five times in the past five years. I tried the Holiday Inn during my last visit in March 2012, because I needed to stay somewhere close to where I had meetings and I've been disappointed with other hotels in the area or I've been unwilling to pay the prices some other hotels charge.

I found the Holiday Inn to be fine. The rooms are ok, although the bathrooms are quite dated. The breakfast was fine too, although nothing special. For me the highlight was the roof-top bar: I arrived late (about 1 am - I think) from Nairobi after my flight was delayed and really wanted a beer to relax as it was quite hot outside. I was thrilled that the roof-top bar was not only open but had super cold beer on tap. Thanks.

I would stay at the Holiday Inn again so long as I can find a good price on-line.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts, we welcome constructive feedback at any stage. The Al Dar rooftop is one of the highlights in Dar es Salaam and we glad that we were able thrill you with our cold draught on tap.

Paul Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Pavia, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I spent 20 days in this hotel, and for my experience the the vale for money is really bad for a 189$/night hotel!
the wi-fi net is expensive, slow and complicated to use, the restaurant is quite good but the service is inaccurate and incredibly slow.
The terrace at 11th floor is a nice place to spent the nights after dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the Al Dar rooftop venue, which is exceedingly popular in the evenings as you highlighted. We regret that you feel we do not represent good value for money. We always have special rates available like our $99-00 rate which is now available via www.holidayinn.com.
Our wi-fi codes support one device at a time, and is only difficult if you are trying to use one access code for use on more than one device, and we would always recommend that guests request an additional code for additional devices.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Dar es Salaam in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I’ve stayed several times in Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam. The rooms/suites are spacious, clean and well equipped. All staff is professional and service fast and very friendly especially Mr. Suheil AL and Ms.Rehema for making my stay wonderful. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good accommodation in the centre of Dar es Salaam.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear deo Hugo,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your response, our entire team will be delighted with the recognition given for their friendliness and professionalism.

Dietikon, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel holiday inn in dar es salaam (tanzania) is a normal and also not that much new like other hotel. It has good restaurants to eat breakfast and as well dinner. The rooftop bar is nice especially in the evening. But I have also to write that there is unfortunately no beach according to the hotel. There is a very old pool outside of the hotel. The stuff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments, the Al Dar rooftop is fast becoming known as one of the highlights of people's stay at the Holiday Inn and we delighted that you enjoyed the venue and the food. Our swimming pool is a plunge pool, and was installed in September 2011. The Holiday Inn is not situated on the beach front, however we always assist guests who wish to visit the beach. On your next visit please enquire at reception and we will arrange for you to visit the fantastic Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort with its brilliant white beaches.
geneve
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed there in transit at the start of our trip, before a morning plane to the bush. Was acceptable as we were still energized by the positive feeling of starting a two week holiday. The room was old and tired. Barelly clean. The bathroom was smelly and the tub looked like second hand even worse like it had been repaired several times while it seriously needed to be changed. Breakfast buffet was ok. The roof top bar food was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, we regret that you were not entirely satisfied during your visit. Our hotel Duty Managers are available 24/7 and had your problems been highlighted at the time of stay we would have been able to resolve the issues to your satisfaction immediately. Should your travels bring you back to Tanzania we would welcome the opportunity to host your next stay.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good and safe hotel in midst of the city. The bathrooms are a little problem due to ineffiecient drainage system. The location is good, closeby to lot of good indian restaurants. They increase number of chanels shown in the t.v. We were there for 5 nights, overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jitendra S
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam. The issue you noted with the bathroom drainage, has now been largely resolved as a result of an in-house refurbishment programme in our bathrooms which focused on the bathroom floors. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam in the near future.
Kinds regards
gm@holidayinn.co.tz
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Had to stay one night in Dar as my flight timings from Zanzibar to South Africa did not align on the same day. Since I had an early morning flight, I just wanted a nice, clean reasonably priced hotel to spend the night. This hotel was an excellent choice and I would definitely stay there if I find my self in Dar again. I don't think I paid more than $150 for the night. It is fairly new I believe and everything was spotless. Bed was super comfy, nice flat screen TV and even the bathroom was stylish. This was way better than I needed for my extremely short stay! Hotel is well located and it was very easy to get a taxi to go for dinner in the diplomatic quarter of the city as well as for a very early AM flight.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chillertracks
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam in the near future.
Kinds regards