“Still going strong”

The Alcove Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve delicious Indian and Asian Fusion Cuisine. Located in Seacliff Hotel, Dar's beautiful 5 star hotel overlooking the cliff in the Peninsula.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I love that this restaurant is within the best hotel in Dar. Good Indian meal served in a nice setting, makes a change from the normal Dhaba style food available everywhere. The food is rich so I wouldn't recommend making this your regular Indian fix as there are plenty of places you can pick up a good Indian meal at half the price. Another point to remember is to book as this place gets busy at weekends especially. I would put it on an equal footing to Nawabi Khana nearby.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food and service in Alcove are good. The Indian dishes are good. The Chinese dishes are more "Indian Chinese' but delicious!! Service is good.
They do not have cocktails - would have been good.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

A good selection of starters and main dishes. The food tends to be a little oily but overall tasty food.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went there a few times and always ask for my prefered dish: chicken cooked with coconut. Service is also very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Whenever I am in Dar, I must go for business lunch with my associates and friends at least one time to the Alcove restaurant. My first time there was in 1991. Since then I never stopped going there. In the middle of the road it suffered a bit of mediocre period, but last time I was there, the place was full and people had to wait for seats, which speaks volumes about the healthy business they enjoy there now again. I am glad to see this happening. My favorite dishes are always prawns in different ways prepared, drum lollipops, sizzling dishes, Three Treasure starter and soups of course, plus garlic nan bread. Great atmosphere, air-conditioned place which helps a lot when you run away from steaming heat of Dar. Yeah, I will be back many times more there.

1  Thank WojciechAK