“Good Indian Food”

Ranked #62 of 319 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food and service in Alcove are good. The Indian dishes are good. The Chinese dishes are more "Indian Chinese' but delicious!! Service is good.
They do not have cocktails - would have been good.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

A good selection of starters and main dishes. The food tends to be a little oily but overall tasty food.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went there a few times and always ask for my prefered dish: chicken cooked with coconut. Service is also very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Whenever I am in Dar, I must go for business lunch with my associates and friends at least one time to the Alcove restaurant. My first time there was in 1991. Since then I never stopped going there. In the middle of the road it suffered a bit of mediocre period, but last time I was there, the place was full and people had to wait for seats, which speaks volumes about the healthy business they enjoy there now again. I am glad to see this happening. My favorite dishes are always prawns in different ways prepared, drum lollipops, sizzling dishes, Three Treasure starter and soups of course, plus garlic nan bread. Great atmosphere, air-conditioned place which helps a lot when you run away from steaming heat of Dar. Yeah, I will be back many times more there.

1  Thank WojciechAK
Reviewed September 1, 2012

When we finally found Alcove, we enjoyed it. The food was of a high standard and very reasonably priced. There was a reasonable choice of wines in a town where many restaurants are alcohol free.