“Lovely atmosphere”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't so sure what to expect going to this place. My partner and I had read quite off putting reviews on here about this place, and I being a picky eater din help matters at all. Nonetheless, We decided to brave it. I called to make a booking the service was impeccable and very accommodating.

The food was delicious and full of flavor. Indeed one of the best places we had been too in Dar. Contrary to most people's thoughts I loved the atmosphere and the music. It is rather monotonous after a while but we or shall I say 'I' loved it as my partner wasn't so sure he could stomach anymore of it.

Overall it was a night lovely.

There are newer reviews for Addis in Dar

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great food, great ambiance and good music. Best time to go there early in the evening and chill out with friends

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place has good Ethiopian food, and if you, like me, don't fancy the sponge-like pancake that comes with the food, you can always order rice instead. The setting is absolutely lovely with a huge balcony in quiet garden. very friendly staff. I will come here many times.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Addis in Dar is one of the best restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.

Here's the low down: You're gonna be eating with your hands. No forks, no knives, clean em, wash em and get ready to roll that Njira.

Very unique (and fantastic) environment under tropical lush trees and the open African sky and then comes the good part: the food. Granted, you need to know what to order (Tibs, the lamb and the chicken) and you'll be amazed at the deliciousness of it all.

Stop reading and get over there now!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best Ethiopian food outside of Ethiopia! I really like Ethiopian food and I am always happy when someone suggests that we go to Addis in Dar!