“Worth the price!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Centurion, South Africa
“Worth the price!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I loved this restaurant. Crab and asparagus soup was OK. Stir-fried seafood was excellent. Chocolate truffle cake with raspberry sauce (which I ordered from the other hotel restaurant, and which was delivered to my table at the Oriental without question) was spectacular. Relaxed, elegant atmosphere, excellent service. Surely one of the best restaurants in Dar - certainly the best I've tried myself.

• Visited October 2012

Nairobi
“Bad”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Food and atmosphere is about the only things decent but then the service is the worst it took them more than an hr to get our drinks sorted for a table of 8.
Food, don't even ask we nearly missed our flight to Nairobi. Am in the car and fretting. Absolutely disgusting it took them 25min to get us our bill. No apologies. Hyatt or Kempinski some things never change.

Cary, North Carolina
“A bit pricey but worth the cost!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Excellent food, service, and ambiance. Is definitely a bit more pricey than other restaurants in Dar but not outrageous and in my opinion it is worth it for a special occasion.

Helsinki
“I sometimes dream about the sushi....”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Well, its like this. Better sushi and dim sums you can try to find anywhere in a range of a few thousands of kilomenter (let me know, right?).... to be honest... I did not find any place in europe either with this class. The fish is so fresh, you can still feel it. Excellent!!

Its somehow pointless to start saying whats good.... this and that. Its all good. I cant find anything that would be on the minus side here.

Besides Sushi and Dims, there are a rather good selection of different oriental dishes as well, but its years now since I tried them out. Only sushi.....

Yes, ok.... one thing is not very good. wines. A bit of standard selection of bulk producing wineries from south africa. Here it could be possible to improve a bit. There are plenty of smaller wineries with excellent wines down in SA, so this would be my suggestion to the FB Manager.

Please try to visit Oriental if you happen to be in Dar. Its worth it.

• Visited April 2012
“Great food, good service and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

A really great experience, very professional at the reception desk, great ambiance and atmosphere and style of the place is really very good. I really enjoyed the sushi and some of the other meals. Everything was fresh, tasty and well resented. Not many places like this in Dar, really a good experience for a romantic night out. Expensive but worth it

• Visited March 2012