“Manager has no courtessy with personal in presence of guest.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bedroom Hotel

The Bedroom Hotel
Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Zanzibar
“Manager has no courtessy with personal in presence of guest.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed there for 3 days. Breakfast is not good at all, staff is so lovely and very helpfull. They work very hard to satisfy guests, but that small indian lady, keep shoutting on them like animals, she talk badly to them infront of guest, she has no manner and is not qualify to do this job, she has to be trained again. Room was nice. Good hotel for those going for bussiness, but have to change their manager.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hamadeus
Formula10TZ, Group Operations Director at The Bedroom Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,
Naturally not always does everything goes according to plan, especially if a clash of Cultures becomes apparent, which however has been addressed.
However, we continuously work on improving the quality of the hotel further in order to be the fist address in Dar es Salaam for QUALITY BUDGET ACCOMMODATION.
We look forward welcoming you back.
Formula 10 Hospitality Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

i choose this hotel ..for just for one night .....but after staying one night I felt that ...I should not move to other hotel because of the so friendly staff.....during my stay they was very helpful and they just gave me the home feeling ....service was also nice .....the rooms was very clean and and they had lot of entertainment programs from every where from the world......also the reception was very helpful and very nice peoples ....and the hotel manager mr pawar was a very kind person ....he was always ready to help ...I can just say ...I enjoyed it very much over there my stay .....and definetly I will come back next time .....thanks to all hotel staff and to manager mr pawar ....which all makes my stay more joyfull

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir or Madam,
However, we continuously work on improving the quality of the hotel further to be the fist address in Dar es Salaam for QUALITY BUDGET ACCOMMODATION.
Guangzhou, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked 3 nights Feb.08-10 single room from booking.com, after check-in i feel i am misled by booking.com, which describes this 3 star hotel free wired internet in public area, actually hardly available because only two cables, one in the lounge and the other in the restaurant. You have to take patience to wait for your turn. Buffet breakfast is so economical that it can hardly be called buffet: only toast,milk,coffee,plus a little slices watermelon, and that's all. The restaurant is with limited tables, around 8-9am peak time hardly to get a free table.
Mosquito net does not exist and unknown worm bites may occur. Mini-market is not within hotel. Even one bottle of water unavailable to buy within hotel. Hotwater is only warm water. I have to rush up bathing to get warmth. The floor of room is not clean, with dusts in corners.What's the worst is that there is no dustbin in your room!
Atttention: when you check in they immediately charge your credit card full value. After 2 nights i decide to check out to find another hotel, but the reception told me they will not refund my third night fare already charged when checking in.
IF you are on business avoid this hotel. Suggest for transfer passengers for one night stay and for budget only.

Room Tip: the 4thday I checked into Sophia house and apartment hotel two blocks away with 10 minutes walk, muc...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Since we took over the hotel we have made great strides in improving the hotel and the overall guest satisfaction shows this clearly. I am however sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Dar es Salaam hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

One of the best place.....to stay, very good staff, hotel manager is well mannered person, I really like this hotel....I hope come again...service staff very nice, they have good knowledge about his job.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,
We continuously work on improving the quality of the hotel further to be the fist address in Dar es Salaam for QUALITY BUDGET ACCOMMODATION.
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We choose this hotel for oversleep in Dar. We let all staffs in our room all closed and went for one hour have some dinner. After we came back found out that our camera charger and cover for lens dissapeared from bag which was on the bed. Hotel is not safety, windows are not possible to close and after you think its closed you can open them easy from balcony. And strange was when we came back safety card from room was wrong and didnt work.
Nobody wanna talk with us. Staff manager speaks english average and it was really difficult to explain her anything. Only one person who was abble to speak with us was manager of hotel. He promissed us to show us camera on the floor but until this time he didnt. He had always few reasons why not now and he will do it later. He also promissed to call us and inform about all but we were thoose who called always first coz nobody cared!
Personal is arrogant. Food is average and water is only cold.
This hotel nevermore, deffinitely not safety at all!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Formula10TZ, Group Operaations Director at The Bedroom Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Madam,
respectfully, you arrived already with a very bad attitude. Not only did you try to lie to us about where you are coming from (as we always keep a record of our guest passports for security reason) and you tried to make us believe you are Italian but as a European I immediately recognised your Russian based accent. Further to this, I became suspicious about you and your rather strange guest you brought with
In fact as I personally spoke to you, I came already to the understanding that you are potentially going to be a problem, and indeed you were. I sincerely doubt that your items were missing, I rather believe that you made up this story as we did not want to give you a discount.
Yours truly
Lagos, Nigeria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is clean but the service is terrible! I stayed two nights at the hotel and it was such a nasty experience. The staff seems to hate their jobs, not friendly i must say. My first day at the hotel after having my breakfast, I was informed I must pay for omelet which ought to be part of the breakfast menu and no one informed me before having my breakfast. Despite the fact that the Manager on duty who is an Indian lady confirmed to me that it's no fault of mine, she still insisted that I must pay for the Omelet. The second morning, I planned leaving the hotel around 6am and when I asked if I could take my breakfast with me, the Manager informed me I have to miss breakfast and she can't do nothing about it.

This is a terrible hotel. The Manager i met on duty during my stay is not a good host!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied.
Since our takeover of the Management of the Hotel , we have made great strides in improving the quality and service of the hotel in order to be able to offer excellent quality for money knowing that FORMULA 10 Livingstone Hotel is a BUDGET HOTEL. Cleanliness and Security, amongst others, are naturally high priority. Please be assured that further improvements are on going.
We look forward welcoming you back to one of the most affordable hotels in Dar es Salaam which offers the best value for money.
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed there for less than a night because we had our flight really early in the morning, so we ariived in the afternoon, left our bags there and went for a walk to the city center. After coming back we slept for a couple of hours and then left to the airport. Well done, because I wouldn't stay there for any longer.
The walls and the bedside were scuffed, the door handles in the bathrooms are rusted, the hole in the floor in the shower seemed to be plugged up with something as the water wouldn't go away and there were still puddles there even when we woke up.
And they don't have a mosquito net though we saw some in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Sine our takeover of the Management of the Hotel , we have made great strides in improving the quality and service of the hotel in order to be able to offer excellent quality for money knowing that FORMULA 10 Livingstone Hotel is a BUDGET HOTEL. Cleanliness and Security, amongst others, are naturally high priority. Please be assured that further improvements are on going.