All reviews four poster roof terrace mint tea the ground floor steep stairs tile work beautiful riad tangier medina breakfast was delicious authentic experience breakfast room yogurt first floor from spain beautiful room ferry terminal a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was clean and looked beautiful and the staff (particularly Abid) could not have been nicer and gave us tips and recommendations for restaurants, activities and means of transport within our budget that made our trip much more enjoyable. In particular they matched us with another couple travelling to a nearby city to spread the costs of but not sacrifice convenience.

The breakfast that was provided was delicious - a buffet of fresh pastries, fruit and traditional breads. The roof top terrace was a lovely place to sit and relax after a long journey

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
chidambar, Owner at Dar Jameel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Dear guest, thank you for your kind comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Dar Jameel and hope to see you when you are next in Tangier.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Jaded and wired after a days journey of bus, train and ferry travel from Granada, Spain; I arrived at the port of Tangier Ville:. From the ferry port, look up and you will see the Hotel Continental's giant sign: Dar Jameel is to the left, and behind that hotel. You can easiily walk the ten minutes it takes to get to Dar Jameel, if you have wheeled luggage. Walk even if you have a backpack. Skip the taxi, unless you have a steamer trunk..

Dar Jameel is something out of 1001 Arabian Nights. It is exquisite. In the USA a place this nice would cost $250 a night easy. It is a three or four story historic riad building with a fantastic rooftop terrace, and a rooftop enclosed reading room ( which is great if it is chilly and, you want to gaze at the port's twinkling lights). The rooftop view is 360% around of the port and the historic ancient medina.

The steps are steep in Dar Jameel. My feet are bad, and the steps actually helped my feet! This place is magical. Don't let a few steps stop you from staying here, unless you really do have trouble with steps.

Kindness? Helpfulness? YES! and YES! I swear Abed (Hope you are still there when I return Abed) walked a mile to the post office to get me stamps. The breakfast there is great! It is a small riad. There are only about eight or ten rooms. So if you like big, noisy, crowded hotels, this is not your place.

After traveling Morocco, I returned to Dar Jameel, and stayed one more night, before I left on the ferry for Tarifa Spain. The owner saw I was worried about filling out the ferry departure form correctly, so he took the time to help me fill it out. Everyone was so kind to me there.

The people that stay here are well mannered. From beautiful Asian girls (heh, I fell in love) to a wonderful Australian older couple who worked in the middle east and were on holiday. It is a beautiful, quiet, relaxing riad. with a certain mystery to it. It is spotless. It is very, very clean. Just bring a copy of 1001 Arabian nights to read while staying there. Please look at my attached photos, so you will see why I fell in love with this place (and those two Asian girls!)

I must return to Tangier and stay at Dar Jameel again. I promised myself I would write a review of Dar Jameel (I usually don't write reviews) because they were so kind, and the place is magical. It took me long enough to write this. I am a procrastinator. (I was there in May 2017, not 2018--I hope that is ok)

Anyway, if you don't mind going up steps (it's good exercise) stay here and be in the heart of the medina. Was that Indiana Jones I just saw? Quick, give me my fedora, Indy needs my help. . Mystery and high adventure await you in this fabled city. And Dar Jameel is part of the magic that is Tangier.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest, thanks for your kind comments. We enjoyed hosting you and are delighted that you felt so happy during your stay at Dar Jameel. We look forward to seeing you when you are next in Tangier.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Excellent hotel, lovely roof deck and goo service. Well located as well - and we could drive up to the door with our cab (rather than than have to walk a far distance in the medina with our bags.) Just beware that if you book through booking.com you will get the room on the first floor floor, directly across hall from reception with no windows. Worked for one night but would not work for more.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
chidambar, Owner at Dar Jameel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Dear guest, thank you for your kind comments about Dar Jameel. We would like to clarify that there are eight en-suite rooms at varying rates available. Dar Jameel is a Riad style hotel and as such all rooms have windows although the cheapest room that you chose has no external view, but a window that looks onto the central courtyard. All the agents that we work with make this clear on their websites. You may not have realized that you can choose which room you would like or, if all other rooms were booked, you would have been offered the only room available. Thank you.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

My room and bath were beautiful and the roof deck has an amazing view. Breakfast was great. They arranged for a driver to pick me up at the airport and a guide to take me around the medina. I was fortunate enough to have Mohsein for a day. He is knowledgeable about all things Moroccan, passionate about his roots in the medina and has a great sense of humor. They even got my phone working properly- the best hosts ever. It was my first day in Morocco and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.
Louise M.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Dar Jameel for two nights. We found the staff to be very helpful with directions and our questions. The stairs were a challenge - many flights and very steep. Our room was clean and comfortable.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple