Book In Advance

from $51.70
from $143.70
from $57.50
More Info
All reviews nice place to visit cap spartel interesting history the atlantic ocean take pictures mediterranean sea cape spartel visiting tangier private tour day trip camel ride hercules africa legend photos silhouette outline
Reviewed 4 days ago

One the day tour we were taken to this cave in Cap Spartel which was interesting & fun. If you wait awhile in the caves, the groups will thi out & you can get some fun photos with the local cave guide.

Reviewed 4 days ago

This was part of a an all-day Tangier tour so was included in the price of that. Had it not been, I would not spend the time going to this site. The cave doesn't have much to offer other than the Hercules section and in order to use the public restroom, you are harassed by a local, to pay an attendant .50 Euros in order to be given toilet paper. The only change I had was a Gibraltar Pound and that is not accepted in Morocco as they cannot exchange those in the local banks. Luckily I had my own tissues with me and did not need to pay the attendant, but it was a very unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you're in Tangier, definitely take a 30 minute venture to see the Cave of Hercules. Its one of those natural wonders and worth the quick stop. The only thing to warn you about is the timing... if a tour bus has stopped there, its difficult to enjoy the space. Wait a few minutes until they've cleared out to get the best pics. Why travel all this way and not stop to see this?! It's quick, interesting and worth the few minutes of your time.

1  Thank knkalec95
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Hercules cave is a fun free attraction. They have a cafe and souvenir shops. They have a spot you can dress up and take pictures. They also have a beautiful view of the ocean.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed visiting the Cave as part of our private tour of Tangier. The site offers a great view and offers some interesting history.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am a travel agent and I was traveling with husband and 2 adult children. We did a day tour to Tangier from Spain with Tangier Private Guide. Our tour guide took us to the caves for a brief stop and it was worth it. The photo ops were great and the history was interesting. I would recommend it especially if you have a tour guide like ours. The driver drove us as close as you could get and we got out with our tour guide and he was right there when we got back.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This cave had a nice view of the water, but the fact that the inside of the caves were man made was disappointing. In the US there are fantastic caves with stalactites and stalagmites, and I was expecting something like that. I wouldn't put this on the "must do" list.

1  Thank Imklo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When in Tangier make sure to check out these cool caves. It's amazing how much of the interiors of the caves have been removed over the years. Great family activity.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I personally like this place. I can just stand there watching the wave crashing onto the rocks and the cooling breeze. Nothing much to do but it is a very relaxing place with outdoor cafe that serves quite quality food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A day trip to Morroco from Spain via a ferry from Tanifa was well spent
Had a wonderful guide for 6 hours who showed us a lot.