“Just be careful...”

and up
Private Guided Day Tour of Tangier
Ranked #5 of 68 things to do in Tangier
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was part of a tour and I agree I wouldn’t go to this if it were the only thing to see. There are some steep steps to maneuver so walking shoes are recommended. There was a crafty man who did not speak English down there asking people for their camera. I watched others to see what was happening. Then I handed him my camera and ran down to another area. I bent down and looked thru a tunnel in the rock. He was about 30 feet away and took a picture of me looking thru the hole. It was very dark so I had to have the flash on. I thought it was kind of this elderly man to take the time to give the tourists a bit of fun. Then when he returned my camera of course I realised he wanted money for his “good deed”. Being a tourist, I should have known that would follow. Oh well…

Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)
All reviews
"openings"
"photos"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our guide Said was amazing and knowledgeable. The caves weren't crowded as we got there early on a Saturday and had many other stops to make after. Great place to visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was a nice drive there, very busy and parking was difficult but worth a visit. Was very interesting and lovely little places on the way for a tea

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Location where Berber tribesmen quarried mill stones turned a small cave by the sea into a cavern. Beautiful and historical. Easy access.