La Tangerina
$36
$95
$89
Agoda.com
All reviewsrooftop terraceclassical musicmint tealamb taginesmall hotelboutique hotelstayed longeroverlooking the seathe atlantic oceanthe ground floorbeautiful riadtour guidespent nightsno elevatoran oasisfirst stopold world charm
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We head to Tangier, after 2 days from Marrakesh, where we started our tour, Riad la Tangerina was really our driver Youness (Morkosh Tours) suggestion. we took room N°3 which was really good price for us cheaper than what was expected from our research before hands.
We enjoyed the hotel decoration,food and especially its location in the Kasbah neighborhood.
I highly recommend this Hotel for everyone wanna have a good experience in Tangier

Room Tip: We had romm number 3 and we paid just 600dhs
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We recently enjoyed a 3 night stay here. The hotel is located in the Kasbah & has been beautifully restored - a lot of thought has gone into the decor. It's in a great location & has a lovely rooftop terrace, where a generous breakfast is served. We also organised a group dinner up here on our last night, which was magical. The staff were very helpful. One thing to consider - we were checking out late on our last night & only then discovered that the hotel doesn't take credit cards. It was also quite noisy at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travelled Morocco for a month and decided to stay at La Tangerina. I always chose to stay in the old town and I'm glad i did. The old Tangier is pretty and peaceful and nothing like some of the places on the seafront or close to the port. The medina is one of the most relaxed to go and explore and its not big enough to get too lost.

As for La Tangerina, I really liked it and would recommend it. The rooms are lovely and its situated at the top of a hill so you can look out over the whole town. This is worth bearing in mind if you struggle walking up steep hills (there is a taxi rank at the bottom though). Also, these are THE most comfortable beds and duvets I had whilst in the whole of Morocco, a memory which stayed with me for the rest of the trip and served as a point of comparison throughout it as well. Many times when I stayed somewhere I thought... its no La Tangerina. There were a couple of glitches when I first arrived: I came off the night train from Marrakech and was told my room would be ready when I arrived but sadly it wasn't at all, it was also marked down as a different room from the one I was supposed to be in, and the one I thought I was in was fully booked. This wasn't an issue though as I got to stay in a much nicer room with its own little garden/terrace area and was more than made up for by the provisions of free Mint Tea. The decor and little quirks like classical music and jazz music coming from antique radios made for a very relaxing time, and this plus the level of care and attention to detail provided a welcome oasis from the craziness of Tangier.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2012

La Tangerina is a rare gem! The warm and helpful staff, charming decor, stunning views, and delicious meals all add to this hotel's charms. This was our first visit to Tangier and we would return if only to stay at La Tangerina. This is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in and we have traveled to many places. From the first greeting and mint tea served on the terrace, to the lovely touches everywhere you turned, to the classic music that we enjoyed, the hotel set the atmosphere for relaxation. We stayed in room 10 which has its own private terrace, and we also enjoyed the common terrace just outside our room with its beautiful view of the sea. Dinner that night and breakfast the following morning did not disappoint. The rooms were impeccably clean and the beds super comfortable. The owner, Farida, made our comfort seem like her ultimate desire and we felt truly well taken care of. It would be a pleasure to return to La Tangerina someday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A wonderful oasis of calm, serenity, excellent service and the gentle lullaby of smooth jazz - an escape from the hussle of the World of the Kasbah outside. Transported back to the 1940's with charm and original furnishings (including antique working radios - piped jazz). Room 8 had wonderful views over the straits and the arrangement was so romantic. Roof terrace was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for room 8 !!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple