See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We travelled with three children and stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We were greeted by the sound of a drill machine as some refurbishment work was being done in the reception which was still going on when we left. A small sofa in the reception coupled with noice and dirt did not make us feel welcomed. However the staff at the counter was polite and helpful.
We were given 2 rooms on the 4th floor which were not next to each other but on the second day on our request 2 cojoined rooms were given to us which were a bit dark but practical for a family of five.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which was dry and tasteless. I found it pathetic that artificial orange juice was served instead of fresh squeezed oranges which are plenty and cheaply available in this country.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tumbuk2
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The location of Tanjah Flandria hotel is all right, on a busy artery between the main sites in Tangier and the main bus terminal, but the hotel itself offers only dirty rooms and unpleasant service.

I booked 3 nights at Tanjah Flandria via a major online site because I was afraid it would be too much of a hassle to try to find a room on my own in Tangier, but boy, was I wrong!

Although I specified I wanted a non-smoking room, upon my arrival I was shown into a room that smelled as an ashtray. After asking for another room, I was given a room with a bathroom that had the stench of a public urinal.
Finally, the third time I got a room that was slightly better (not by much) on the sixth floor. The furniture and fictures were worn and outdated. The only thing that seemed newer was the TV LCD, but I hadn't come to Morocco to watch TV.

The breakfast was included in the room price, and it was all right.

During my last night in Tangiers, I was glad my room was on a higher floor because there was a lot (and I mean a LOT) of noise on the avenue on which the hotel is located, apparently due to some soccer game, with people shouting and cars honking late into the night.

During my exploration of Tangiers I happened upon better hotels, and much cheaper than Tanjah Flandria. Unfortunately, these hotels are not on the Internet (which is probably the reason they are a better value).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank pulcino3
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We found the standard of the appointments abd fittings lower than we are used to, and the architecture a bit dull and depressing, but it was the general unflrienliness of the staff that was the most upsetting.

We got the impression that we were a hindrance and not entirely welcome.

For example, when we asked the hotel to order a taxi for us, it invaribaly never arrived.

There was no information about excursions or destinations at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Renewalsh
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The building is modern and without character. But it's a good hotel for the price, and located on a busy, trendy shopping street. The restaurant has no atmosphere, but the food is good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2011

A strange lobby - huge but without any chairs. The rooms are clean but if you have twin beds, there's hardly room to get in and out of one. Very basic decor with little attempt to make the room attractive.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple