“Fantastic food and fantastic service”
Review of El Tangerino

El Tangerino
Ranked #4 of 249 Restaurants in Tangier
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate in the bar, as there wasnt any space in the restaurant at the time we went, but it was still fantastic atmosphere, a lot more personal and the booths give you a lot more privacy then sitting at a table. I shared the mixed grill with my little sister and everything in there was fantastic, my brother devoured his John Dory like a madman, so the food was fantastic.
The gentleman that greeted us was charming and very friendly, and due to us not being able to read the menu due to

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Two friends and I recently travelled through the major cities in Morocco such as Marrakech, Casablanca and Rabat and this was the best restaurant so far. Superb quality and value, unsurpassed in Morocco, beautiful layout and location, friendly staff and, most importantly, outstanding food!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our family enjoyed a great dinner and ate some of the best Paella we have ever eaten. The service was great and the meal was fantastic. We would recommend this restaurant to any one that is up for great tasting food. This is a great place for families as well as singles. One room is their main dining area and another room is good for those who may want a drink and watch a football game. Would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to have dinner at the El Tangerino with my family, what a wonderful restaurant right here in our city! Being our first visit we asked the extremely helpful staff to explain some of their signature dishes. We started out with a few appetizers, deliciously prepared calamari that was light and crispy and tasted like it had come off of the local fishing boat that morning. We also had some luscious garlic shrimp and some marinated anchovies that were very fresh and tasty. Next came the main course, paella for 3. Now I am no Spanish food expert by any means and don't really know much about paella, though I know I have eaten a few mediocre ones before. This paella was AMAZING. To my untrained pallet, in the area of Spanish cuisine, it reminded me a little of a beautifully prepared risotto, though not creamy, with fresh shrimp, fish and shellfish all infused with the aroma and color of saffron. We didn't opt for desert but were treated to a complementary pot of masterfully prepared Moroccan mint tea, not too sweet and just what we needed to end our evening. If you are in Tanger you must check it out, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I went with my family to El Tangerino and we absolutely loved it. I am not a person who usually like seafood but El Tangerino's paella completely changed my opinion about seafood. The setting is calm and beautiful. The service is organized and professional. If you come to Tangier, you should not miss this restaurant.