I stayed three nights in the Movenpick Tangier with my husband and one-year old toddler. It loved up to the Movenpick reputation. The hotel was clean, room comfortable, and service excellent. The rooms have wicker furniture, which isn't what I would choose if decorating a hotel, but were fine nonetheless. This is a chain hotel, so aside from lovely tile floors (including tiled room numbers, a nice touch) and some ceramic bathroom accessories, there was nothing particularly exotic or Moroccan about it (again, I'm not complaining, just noting. I didn't expect exotic when I booked at the Movenpick.)
Service was very good. We arrived late on a Friday night but our baggage was quickly unloaded, our car parked in a free parking lot, and we were checked in quickly. Our room was spacious enough for the baby crib, which the hotel provided, and had a wonderful view over the pool and the ocean. Everyone at the hotel, from the doormen to the concierge, were helpful, answered our questions quickly, and were wonderful with our daughter.
Breakfast was a good, standard buffet, and included in our room rate. Location is good, a few km from Tangier so we did have to get in the car to visit anything, but not so far out as to be a bother. And the pool looked wonderful, although I was there in January and didn't swim. I also didn't visit the casino.
Two complaints -- the shower head was so low that it hit me in the middle of my back, and I'm only 5'5" tall. My 6'6" husband couldn't even stand up in the shower -- the tub is raised off the floor making it about 6 feet from the tub bottom to the ceiling. And while the shower had wonderful water pressure and temperature, it sprayed all over the place getting the whole bathroom wet in the process. Second complaint is that even with the curtains closed, the room got light too early. I'd stay there again, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The imposing Mövenpick Hotel & Casino Malabata Tanger is the perfect location for business or leisure. It is set amidst beautiful gardens with a huge free-form swimming pool. Situated on the shores of the Mediterranean, this hotel overlooks the beautiful Bay of Tangier. Only a 5 to 10 minute drive from the city centre and yet far enough away to offer a calm and relaxing environment, it offers everything you expect. Large rooms, several different sized meeting rooms, a casino, a variety of restaurants and bars and a well-equipped and spacious gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Hotel & Casino Malabata Tanger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Hotel And Casino Malabata
- Moevenpick Hotel Tangier
- Moevenpick Hotel Malabata