“Jewish Tour of Casablanca - David ben Dahan Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tangier Tours - Day Tours

Tangier Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 39 Tours in Tangier
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Valued Client! I am Abdel-hamid Idrissi, and I work as a private guide in Morocco. The kingdom of Morocco is my motherland, and that's why it is such a pleasure for me to share my culture and history with the Visitors, help them feel the special atmosphere of Morocco and its unique flavor. I have been living in Tangier for more than 25 years now, and that's why this city is my specialty now. Enjoy the personal attention of a family owned and operated Tangier Private Tour Services! There are so many guides online that can sell you tours. I am among the most popular of tour guides experts in Morocco. I open the doors for you to experience and enjoy in comfort the awesome and often mysterious places of Morocco. All or parts of your experiences can be your treasured memories. I accommodate couples to small groups and strive to guide and provide for your every dream or whim while you have a carefree and safe adventure in Wonderful Kingdom called Morocco. I organize different private tours in Tangier. I used to be the President of the tour Guides Association in Morocco for three years. Besides that I am a member of A.A.G.T.T. At first I offered my service mainly to my friends and the members of the family, but soon I progressed significantly and now I am a high level tour guide for the travelers and tourists from all over the world. I have a special document which certificates my knowledge in the tourism field and right to work as a guide. It is worth noting that I speak four languages. They are English, Arabic, French and Spanish. It would be my pleasure to help any person learn more about the culture and history of my beloved country. I am eager to be the one to show you all the wonders and beauties of Morocco! I would like to share my knowledge and experience with each and every of my clients. You should note that I have a personal approach towards each tourist. It means that we can discuss the itinerary and make some alternations there to accommodate your preferences. Let me take you on the experience of a lifetime, I CREATE EXPERIENCE!
Woodbridge, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jewish Tour of Casablanca - David ben Dahan Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

May 11, 2014 - We had a fantastic tour of Casablanca focusing on Jewish Heritage.
Saw the Synagogue, Jewish Museum, Jewish cultural center, Jewish cemetery as well
as the Hassan II Mosque and the French Church. Our guide Benny was extremely knowledgeable and his English was perfect. It was our first full day in Morocco and a great way to start our trip.

2 Thank TravelLight2014

• Arabic first
Port Clinton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Perfect, perfect, perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

How do you thank someone who makes your day absolutely perfect?!

Our family of 7 (ranging in ages from 12-70) stayed in southern Spain for a week in June, 2014. Because of our obvious proximity to Morocco, we all wanted to "get a stamp" in our passports to say we'd been to AFRICA! But as Americans (and as a mom with kids in tow) I have to say we were very nervous about traveling to a North African Muslim country. I know, I know, most of you probably think we're silly and egocentric for worrying….but we did. What more can I say? Our worrying was for naught. PLEASE Don't miss this opportunity!

Mr. Idrissi owns Tangier Tours and he emailed with me back and forth multiple times to work out an agreeable day to travel and he even booked our ferry tickets so we didn't have to worry about anything. We got onto the ferry in Tarifa, Spain, and, still apprehensive, we arrived in beautiful Tangier. Mr. Idrissi met us right outside of Customs and he had a driver and an air conditioned 17 passenger van. Obviously, more room than necessary for our group of 7, but it was ours to enjoy.

Originally we had planned to spend 9-10 hours there but we have a family member who had been ill and we needed to make the day a little shorter. Mr. Idrissi was accommodating and he talked to us about the things we most wanted to do. Perhaps we made it easy for him because we really didn't know ANYTHING about Tangier. He was an encyclopedia of knowledge… knew populations, politics, religion. He could discuss with us anything we thought to ask about as we traveled through the city. Mr. Idrissi speaks wonderful English (he also speaks Spanish, Arabic and French, by he way) and communication was not an issue at all. He took us places the "tour buses" don't go but he also took us places that an American family wouldn't have known to ask about. We had lawyers in our group so he took us to the courthouse! Everywhere we went, people came up to shake HIS hand!

I've traveled a lot, not Africa, but plenty of other places in Europe, Central America etc. I know the drill. Tour buses are packed tubes of glassy-eyed strangers who stare out the windows and who gather in clusters of 50 to see the most crowded sites. We saw the things that one would want to see in 5 hours or less but we also wandered through markets taking little hidden passages that only a local would know about. We felt safe, looked after, but we were given time & space to enjoy the sites as a family without feeling like we were being hovered over.

There is no question at all that I would recommend Tangier Tours for a half day, a day, or even multiple days in this beautiful Moroccan city.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank amhlawyer
Wichita, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A day and night with Aziz in Tangier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We took the ferry over to Tangier. Spent the day with Aziz Begdouri and stayed overnight at
his family hotel, La Maison Blanche. If you are on a limited time schedule I would recommend this itinerary.
We thoroughly enjoyed seeing Tangier with Aziz and enjoying the beautiful sunset and breakfast from the rooftop of his renovated traditional Moroccon home.
The tour was very comprehensive. Great driving destinations and a wonderful walk through
the medina and kasbah.
I highly recommend this experience. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Tina D
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
““Awesome introduction to Tangier!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

TangierTours founded by our favored guide and former president of Tangier Licensed tour guides Association is the way to go if you're interested in doing a private tour while in Tangier. We were so pleased with our introduction to the city.

Our tour guide, Mr. Idrissi, was so friendly and extremely knowledgeable. On Saturday, we arrived in Tangier, and we thought a private Tour would be a great way to get our bearings in the city and get great recommendations on city highlights and restaurants to visit. Mr. Idrissi, also known by Charif, met and exceeded our expectations! Every recommendation was fantastic. Our respectful tour guide did not disappoint at all. he is so knowledgeable and answered ever single question our inquisitive friends asked. he was so patient and helpful with them. It was a fabulous introduction to Morocco, and I would highly recommend him to anyone. We had a blast. Highly recommend TangierTours!!

Only negative, we wished we had booked TangierTours for a Tetouan tour instead of going through the city directly. It would have been well worth the price difference! Lesson learned!

4 Thank KathyzBiz
St. Pete Beach, FL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Idrissi is a consummate guide. His English is impeccable, and he provided us with many details of life in his country. I sent him an itinerary, and we followed it along with other areas he thought important. For lunch our party went to a traditional restaurant, and the food was very good and in great quantity. We felt no pressure to buy at any of the shops in the market. I also appreciated that Idrissi works in cash only--no credit cards involved, and he will take euros or dollars. The camel ride was a hoot! It was an awesome day, and all four of us highly recommend Idrissi.

5 Thank jmiller7892