“Not at all what I expected.”

Tangier Private Guide
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in Tangier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aziz Benami Private Tours in Tangier are recommended by Rick Steves. Aziz Benami has been always mobilized to devise new modes of tour guiding activities to clear the ground for visitors coming to Tangier and Morocco to unveil its mystery by creating a unique space of cultural immersions. Our tours in Tangier and area are carefully designed to fully answer the special travel requirements of a certain category of clients joining cultural immersion with high quality of services to guarantee comfort, smooth-running of the tour and client’s satisfaction. We offer walking tours in Tangier, VIP Day Trips from Spain to Tangier,Excursions to Tetouan and Chefchaouen and visits to Asilah.Our team speak perfect English,French,Spanish and other languages. Our Day Trips in Tangier can be a lovely experience being our guests instead of normal tourists.Our Tangier Tours are not limited only to culture, but in a day you can also meet the local people in the city, try a cooking class, walk along the itinerary of Matisse and meet the local artists.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Having read all the comments on Aziz, i was happy to book a tour with him as well. Unfortunately it wasn't at all what I expected. The tour wasn't done by him but by one of the many people working for him who was not at all funny or witty. As I had booked the VIP tour, the day started with a car ride around the Tanger area, to Cap Spartel and the cave of Hercules, all that was good because of the excellent sites and beautiful landscape, we then headed to lunch eating something I didn't want, but up until that point everything was good so far. He then proposed to take a break and meet back up in the evening to go explore the Medina and old city. That's when it started to become very very disappointing. None of the many attractions you'd find in the Medina were on the program,I got to discover them on my own in the days after, instead he dragged me into a "gallery" the local word for a shop, where he made me sit through an hour of carpet presentation, it was really bad. I told him several times that i would not buy anything nor being interested, that I wanted to see architecture or follow the traces of painters like Matisse or Delacroix, LIKE IT SAID IN AZIZ'S DESCRIPTION ON THE WEBSITE, but he ignored it. I don't know if Aziz pays him so badly that he needs to do this to get something out of it or if Aziz is practically half of a scam, it left a bad taste in my mouth anyways.

5  Thank Nicolas P
bigtraveler639, Owner at Tangier Private Guide, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review my services.
I will take into consideration your review and try in the high season to have only the best colleagues work with me.
Again thanks for this helpful review.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"his colleagues"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The guy was real good. Even for a young crowd like us he was able to show us around at night and he even hung out with us but he wasn't awkward at all he's got a good sense of humor and really shows you a good time. Didn't even feel like he was being our tour guide, but rather felt like a friend.

Thank you for taking time to review my services.I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your trip with me and I look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I and two friends hired Aziz's private guide service in May of 2013. I arranged the service from the United States and everything was perfect. He is very responsive to your corespondence. He does not ask for any funds in advance or your passport number like many of the other guides that I considered. He is very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. He has a great sense of humor and made the trip very special. He was waiting at the Tangier dock when we arrived and had a nice air conditioned van that a driver took us around in. The tour was from 10:00 until 5:00 p.m. and we could never have seen as much on our own. He will take you where you request. You don't have to worry about getting hounded by vendors or spending all your time in a carpet factory. We wanted to ride a camel on the beach rather than a parking lot where many of the rides are located. He arranged for the beach. He also arranged for a wonderful lunch that cost 15 Euro and it was well worth it. I highly recommend hiring his service rather than going on your own. His fee is not that much more than just what the straight ferry crossing costs. I had heard some negative things about visiting Tangier and was worried if Americans were welcomed there. We found it very friendly and safe and wished we had planned even more time there. You will be very happy if you hire Aziz Benami for your trip to Tangier. You can reach Aziz at info@tangierprivateguide.com. His website is www.tangierprivateguide.com. I originally found Aziz Benami through a recommendadtion from Rick Steves and I am so happy I did.

1  Thank Janet O

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ditto to all the good reviews here on tripadvisor. This was a interesting tour we had a great time while learning about Africa and Tangier morrocco. We enjoyed Aziz's enthusiam for his country and Tangier. This was best tour of our 2 week trip to spain with a sidetrip to tangier.
I can't wait to to come back and spend more time in Morrocco.
Everything was taken care of in advance ferry tickets, pick up..easy breezy. oh and the lunch..
we so much enjoyed the morroccan lunch... it was delicious.

1  Thank linda h

See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked a private tour with Aziz for our day in Tangier. Hands down, it was the best thing we did for this quick trip to Morocco!

Aziz booked our ferry tickets, we simply showed up at the counter in Tarifa and picked them up. When we arrived, Aziz met us at the ferry and mentioned that a colleague would be our tour guide for the day, as he needed to travel on business.

I was a little worried (after all, I had booked Aziz), but Charif was absolutely fantastic. Any question you threw at him, he knew the answer. We saw parts of Tangier we would never have seen on our own, and walking through the Casbah & Petit Socco we felt completely at ease. There were parts of the city where, had we entered on our own, we probably would have never found our way out! We also took us for lunch at a little place outside of the tourist traps, which was delicious.

Our day in Tangier would have been completely different -- and not nearly as fun -- had we not booked a tour with Aziz. Highly recommended!

2  Thank KandyC_12

Thank you for taking time to review my services.I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your trip with my associate and I look forward to your next trip.