Kenzi Solazur
Agoda.com
M'Nar Park(Tangier)
$59
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewspecial thanks to mrseafront hotelcorniche areathe rooms division managerreception serviceroom facingair conditionbooked this hotelmoroccan cuisinehotel is perfectpiano barbreakfast buffetswimming pool ishotel staffenjoyed my stayold city
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Currently , there is a strike in the hotel , with poor management could not solve the staff demands or concerns , overall the hotel is good however , we faced issue with the Air condition , for 2 days , then they solved it , the staff are excellent specially in the reception and all services in this hotel are good , staff are very friendly and helpful ,
Just the strike could affect the quality of the hotel ,
i would really come again because of the services , and we would like to take the opportunity to thank all staff (reception) , who makes my stay great,

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I checked into this place after checking out of the fleabag hotel down the street, The Continental. If you really want the Solazur to seem like heaven, do what I did, and look at the Continental's rooms first. I checked into the Solazur without a reservation, and the price was less than what was marked on their price list. The staff are amazing and there will always be someone who speaks english or spanish or french, or all three. They are good at organizing your excursions outside the hotel, they always smile, and they are very service-oriented. It's a 5 star hotel but they're not snobs. They're super friendly. When I went, the hotel hadn't been open long, and they were still kind of getting the hang of certain things, but they were apologetic and got any problems handled quickly. The pool is perfect, and the pool waiters are attentive and will get you a refill if you just give them a look.
The hotel is right on the beach, so if that's your thing, go for it. I found the ocean far too dirty for my liking. But that's what pools are for, right?

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank octopusofthesea
Solazur, Revenue Manager at Kenzi Solazur, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and we are glad to hear that you received excellent service and that you like our location during your stay at Husa Solazur Business& Spa.
We always try our best to serve our guests with our "Passion for Perfection".
Thank you again for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back for a longer stay at Husa Solazur next time you visit Tangier.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I knew that I would be the first review for this new hotel--opened one month ago--so I was looking forward to reporting on a new treasure in Tangier.

NUTSHELL: All in all I would not return to this hotel--they have a lot of work to do before they hit the 5 star category in my opinion. I can say though that I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not into the charm of morocco or the convenience of the Medina. If you are young, like to party and to lay on the beach: this is the place to be!

DETAILS: Upon arrival, after being dumped at the curb by the taxi (I suppose taxis aren't allowed in the driveway), me and my colleague found no one at the door of the hotel--no valet, no doorman, no concierge. We were greeted by an international array of flags (I took note however that old glory was not one of them). My colleague mumbled sarcastically, "Boy, they sure know how to roll out the red carpet." When we entered the hotel, a man in a suit (valet), a man in a traditional Moroccan garb (doorman) and a bellman bum rushed us once inside. Perhaps we arrived during the change of shift because clearly no one was where they were supposed to be.

The bellman grabbed my small carry on bag and insisted that he take it to my room. I insisted on carrying it myself. He begged, I refused. He begged, I refused...

I found check in just as chaotic and puzzling. We had reservations and yet it took 20 minutes for 3 bumbling distracted members of the staff to check us in. Apparently, another guest was having a problem and so the three had to divide their time between them and us. One person could not single handledly handle their individual guest. As we waited, we chuckled at the cash drawer which was an old envelope with three wrinkled dirhams in it.

The lobby color scheme was brown, gold, purple, and turquoise and the color of the carpets on each floor other than the lobby was red, blue, and gray. I mention this only because it did not say "5 star" to me at all.

I am happy to report though that the room was nice. Extremely clean. The water view was tranquil--facing a large, clean, busy beach across the street. However, once the sun set and the discos across the street opened, when I looked out of my window I thought "this looks just like the strip in Las Vegas" and then it all became clear that this place was going for a casino-look and feel.

After a night of several wedding caravans whizzed by honking their horns as they sped down the street throughout the night and early morning hours, I managed to get some sleep.

Breakfast was in the huge buffet restaurant (old vegas style) with hundreds of tables but only me and my colleague as customers. The breakfast was great--lots from which to choose and elegantly displayed, however, the same sunny-side up eggs and poached eggs that awaited us when we got there at 8, were the same that awaited the next customers that arrived at 9 and after. Nothing was made to order. My colleague mentioned that when he arrived, the staff swooped on him, not allowing him to serve himself and explaining every dish. Thankfully, when I came down--they did not give me the time of day.

Room Tip: Make sure that breakfast is included.
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank tealightricity
Solazur, Revenue Manager at Kenzi Solazur, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Dear tealightricity
Thank you for taking time to write to TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and proper addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Indeed your suggestion "Room Tip: Make sure that breakfast is included." is relevant and now most of our rooms are buffet breakfast included.
Again, we do appreciate your feedback and will ensure that our hotel continue to improve on the customer service and product so to enhance the overall experience for your next stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

For some reason the song "Hotel California" plays on a consistent loop in the lobby / bar / restaurant area.

The lobby is well-decorated. Some of the room furniture is interesting. The higher rooms offer decent views.

The hotel is dimly lit, maybe to hide how dusty and unkempt the furniture is... I've stayed at hostels that have been better maintained. My shower was in a state of disrepair. The bathroom needed a lot of work and a serious cleaning.

Don't eat in the hotel restaurant. The prices and food are better on the outside. Also, don't bother with the bar.

However, for the traveler coming from Europe for a weekend trip, the prices and location were just fine. The staff was helpful and very accommodating in terms of language.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Wow! Best hotel I've ever been to!

The rooms are luxurious and bathrooms are incredibly clean, not a tile out of place! The design is incredible, most unexpected!
For a quiet night in, there is a wide choice of TV and radio in every room (not all in African)!

The food is also of top quality, freshly baked rolls, freshly squeezed orange juice, and the best damn scrambled eggs i've ever tasted!

The staff are incredibly nice and helpful. They listen to your every comment and cater to all your needs. I should also mention that they have the most advanced communication system I have ever seen.

Our tour guide was also very good, knew exactly what to do and was extremely well organised, his organisation skills were of the best i've seen. We felt very safe and reassured with him around.

I feel I must make special mention of the pianist in the hotel bar. His renditions of modern classics were indescribable and I cannot begin to describe the experiance here as I feel I cannot convey his talent in mere words. You have to hear him for yourself to see his brillance.

You must stay at this hotel, it is unforgettable.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank timwakeham