“Upsetting experience”

Ranked #41 of 46 Tangier B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Upsetting experience”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Got a reservation for 3 nights in hotel royal in tanger.Arrived after a long yourney we were quite exhausted wanted to check in at 2.45 pm the receptionist called the manager or owner or whoever he said we can check in at 5pm!!told him we are after a long yourney and not going to wait another hours ,asked him has he got a free room?he said yes so why he was not allowed us to get the room what we booked in advance??i told him we are leaving and hope he is not going to charge us because is not our fault the check in in this hotel from 2pm!!by the way the area looked very rough and the hotel inside was full of smoke like burned food but really smoked could hardly see anything plus all beddings and duvets were hanged outside on the corridors honestly wanted to run away.he helped to make this decision!found another hotel nearby for the same money but definitely better experience so far.Dont waste your time to book this hotel in advance there are plenty of choice around but because it is our first time in Tanger we didnt know that.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Erika7419

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Mirleft, Morocco
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good location.

I stayed there only for two nights and was satisfied; upon arrival, I was handed the keys to three different rooms so I could pick one. The staff answered all my questions about the city of Tangier and even gave me some tips which route to take for scenic views.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank trypppy
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Do not trust this hotel they will scam you like they did to me they stole 400 dirhams of my money when I didn't even stay in the hotel always becareful before you book a room especially with this hotel

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Hmirash

Travelers are raving about these Tangier hotels

Treviso, Italy
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been there 1 night, the last before to leave Morocco. I had just a afternoon-evening to pass in Tangier. I found this place very good because is in front of the port of Tangerville where I could buy the ticket of the ferry (that leave by the new port) and allows me to have a walk to ancient medina - which is very nice compared to others, and found it safe and clean - and also to the upper city.
The rooms have bathroom inside or not, television or not... I needed the first and not the second because I spent my time outside. The rooms are not well furnished, but this wasn't essential to me... bathroom were small but clean. The hotel have wireless, which I needed.
The receptionists speak different languages, are very helpful and gentle, want to make you at ease. The morning receptionist (present at 6am) for a little breakfast showed me the close Lecheria open at dawn and spoked with the taxi man to be sure he didn't cheat me :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank orybal
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Easy to walk to from ferry if travelling light. One of the better cheaper hotels and very clean and safe. Nice marble floors and rooms are available for £14 per night. Some have tv and most have private bathrooms. Reception appear to make hotel safe. Stayed her several times and never had any problems On that street and area it is certainly the best i know for the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo