“A NIGHTMARE in a false 5 stars”

Golden Tulip Andalucia Golf Tangier
Ranked #41 of 48 Tangier B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2012

we spent 3 nights and were chocked by the dirtiness of this hotel and the none professional staff. one of the worst hotel experience we had in our live. We do not recommend this hotel at all
This hotel need to be maintained and have a serious issue with the cleaners as they failed to achieve a minimum acceptable level for such type of Hotel, by all means this one is not a 5 or even a 4 stars.
one night they missed to supply towels in the room!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dohakt

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our last night in Morocco, and we'd be driving to the airport in the morning. Reviews were so harsh for this place, we chose the hotel where another reviewer's car window had been smashed. We booked this place by accident, though, and due to the timing, it was non-refundable on booking.com. We resigned ourselves to staying, with dread, and it turned out to be outstanding. The parking lot was attended and free, the entire hotel was stylish and well maintained, including our room, which had a balcony with table and chairs, superb bed, very modern bathroom with every amenity (the scented toiletries were exceptionally good ~ I usually prefer my own). The desk clerks were very solicitous, a customary Moroccan tea was offered, the bar was small but welcoming and busy. It was a bit cool to swim, but the pool area was beautiful. We were mystified that the place had been panned, so we decided to try dining in the hotel to see if that was their Achilles' heel. We chose its intimate restaurant over their more casual buffet. The menu, food and service, even the wine and beer offerings were great, and prices were modest. Maybe it's that the rack rate is too high, or the star rating's wrong, but at the price we paid, it was a terrific value. Drawbacks: the hotel was a bit hard to find, although it wasn't far from either downtown or the airport; and the place seemed only half full. I wondered if this was due to the negative tripadvisor comments? We think they deserve another chance. We depend on these reviews, but this happy mistake in booking it causes me to advise that in this case, you should judge for yourself.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Liz H
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice looking hotel at the edge of Tangiers with large lobby, nice terrace with pool... My room (101) was large and comfortable but who designed a closet that's too narrow to hang even a pair of trousers let alone a jacket and with shelves too narrow for a shirt? Now curtain in the shower meant water on the bathroom floor. The television reception was terrible. Room service took 1 hour to bring me a steak and they forgot part of the order (I received 2 calls from management to apologize) and, over-all, the food was terrible.
On the positive side, breakfast looked sumptuous with a very large selection of food (I didn't actually eat any but only because I was running late) and the cleaning lady was terrific: she brought me extra coat hangers and an iron with ironing board... and the staff was generally pleasant, if not sometimes confused (the waiter in the bar needed help in adding the bill for drinks).
Would I recommend this hotel: no. Would I stay here again: no. Was it an awful experience: no.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for business purposes in February this year. They charged me twice on my credit card by mistake and its been three weeks that I am trying to get reimbursed with no success. I dont receive replies to any of my emails and the person at the reception does not give me any satisfactory answer either. If you ever think about staying at this hotel , please be careful when you pay and check your credit card details afterwards. If anybody at the hotel checks this web site (I have doubts) they can reply zkaleli@yahoo.com.

3  Thank zkaleli
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed for 1 night to attend a meeting.
Bar service was initially a bit like Faulty Towers, the barman was delivering a drink so another tried to help, but did not seem to understand english or french! Actual barman was ok but I had to explain how to make kir.
Room was fine but shower really needed a curtain to prevent flooding bathroom.

Hotel was a bit out of town, but only 10 Euro from ferry and 5 from medina Cheaper in meter taxi, but they do not always know where they are going, spent 45 minutes for 5 minute trip to restaurant...but that is another story

Room Tip: high up and odd number will give morning sun
Reviewed February 7, 2012

No maintenance over the years means travellers have to put up with leaky sinks, running toilets, dodgy airconditioning and broken doors ... For tourists - you are in the middle of nowhere and for business travellers , unless you are part of a big group you are totally sidelined as the staff prioritises big group bookings. The food is reasonable but don't think you will get a taste of Morocco ... this hotel represents none of the good things I love about this country.

2  Thank fmew
Reviewed November 23, 2011

+ very modern hotel and good service. Clean and spacious room. Fantastic bed. very nice french restaurant Le bistrot though the service is a bit slow. Karaoke-bar in the hotel
-location. cant do without a car (o taxi). Slow service in restaurant at breakfast. Poor choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple