Hotels.com
eDreams
FindHotel
Travelocity
Snaptravel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We loved this place. Close to the Medina and walking distance to the port. We had an incredible experience. On our day of departure we were planning on walking to the port to grab the ferry to Tarifa, but it was pouring outside. The owner of the Hotel was so nice that he gave us a ride himself in his car and didn't charge us anything.

As a hotel it is very basic, but has everything you need, especially considering the low cost.

I definitely recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jamal J, Responsable commercial at Dar Omar Khayam, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Hi Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We really appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

A good inexpensive option for one or two nights in Tangier. Our room was adequate, and most importantly quiet. Breakfast is filling and coffee very good. Staff at front desk incredibly helpful with our questions and requests.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jamal J, Responsable relations clients at Dar Omar Khayam, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Reviewed August 1, 2016

We stayed here as a family of 5 for 3 nights. Staff were warm and professional. I liked the intricate decoration and ceramic tiling found throughout the hotel. The inner courtyard was a nice place to relax, and promoted socializing with other guests while you are served the free breakfast every morning. There was a public access computer near the front desk which my kids used at times. I could see how some people would complain about a place where things are not entirely new (not actually dirty), but I thinks this just adds to the charm of the place. The neighborhood is ok. You can easily walk to the beach, and grocery / restaurants on Avenue Mohamad V. We walked to the hotel from the ferry port on arrival, as well as on departure (maybe 10 minutes walk)

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank emaildoug2000
Jamal J, Responsable réception at Dar Omar Khayam, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Dar Omar Khayam for 2 nights. The staff was friendly and helpful in arranging a private taxi for the day, which was costly but convenient and allowed us to see many sights on the outskirts of town that we would have missed otherwise. The breakfast was status quo for Morocco (mainly bread with a small juice and coffee). The room was chilly but had a nice warm extra blanket. Our only complaints were that it was the noisiest hotel we stayed at on our trip, and the beds were short and had a footboard, making it so my 6'2 husband wouldn't fit and his sleep suffered. Otherwise this was a decent place to stay for a few nights.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2015

I think in Morocco it is easily possible to find this level of quality for a better price.

The breakfast was modest.

The owner of the hotel "recommended" me a room a which he told to be quiet. Actually it was a very small and not cosy room. The bathroom had problems too (need some renovation). And to the top of it, the calm was there, in the morning I woke up to noises in the corridor. Strictly speaking the hotel did not fulfill its function (namely to provide peace and rest) but the price is not low. I know it can happen anywhere but this room was told to be quiet by the owner (instead of another room where I stayed at a different time).

The wifi was cut and reconnected all the time, which was very annoying.

I would not recommend this place due to its price but obviously it is possible to stay there.

Date of stay: November 2015