Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
ZenHotels.com$63
getaroom.com$63
Trip.com
All reviews the ground floor swimming pool balconies medina port history
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2019

I had the worst experience dealing with this hotel. From the time of booking (booked through hotels.com) to returning from this trip, nothing has gone smoothly with them. Right after i booked, i emailed them to ask about transportation to/from the hotel. After several emails, i received ZERO responses. That should've been my cue to go elsewhere, but i was lured by the location and views of the hotel.

At check-in, the hotel staff claimed that they didn't have a reservation under my name. After i showed them a print-out of my confirmed reservation through hotels.com, they RELUCTANTLY checked us in but gave a long run-around and made us wait forever. Once we got to our room, we realized that there was NO wifi signals even though the hotel advertised free wifi throughout. We immediately called the front desk, and was given more run-arounds and promised to send someone immediately. 30 minutes later, no one came. So we called again, got a different front desk person and had to go through the same spiel, got the same promise that they'll send someone. An hour goes by, and still nothing. At this point, I went downstairs to the front desk and got a different excuse this time - the technician lives far away and will take a long time to get to the hotel to make the fix. But they promised it'll be fixed by that evening. The next day, still no wifi. I followed up one last time, and they acted like it was the first time i'd reported it. Frustrated, i gave up and went about my day exploring the area.

The room itself was fine. Nothing spectacular. The shower had no doors so the water splashed everywhere and we had to put towels down so we didn't slip when we came out of the shower. The breakfast was their only saving grace - it was pretty tasty and plentiful.

At check out, the drama continued. They claimed there was no payment made for our stay. After i showed them, AGAIN, my hotels.com confirmation stating the payment was made in full, they still insisted that they haven't received any payments and asked for my credit card to "keep on file" and that they'll wait another day to see if the payment comes through first. After i returned from my trip, i got a notification from my credit card company that there was a sizable foreign charge made. It was through this hotel (under the name HOTEL DAWLIZ TANGER), and it was charged on the SAME DAY that i checked out and for MORE than what i had paid for through hotels.com. So not only did they not keep their word, they upcharged me.

So now i have to deal with being charged more than double for this mediocre hotel stay. Not exactly what i had in mind after a long trip!

After contacting hotels.com, they said the payment did go through and tried to contact the hotel directly to give me a refund but couldn't get ahold of anyone at the hotel. They ended up refunding me the amount i paid through hotels.com, but it was less than what the hotel charged me. I then had to file a claim through my credit card company to get the difference back, which took another 8 weeks.

I cannot fathom how a hotel with such terrible practice is still in business. Please save yourself the trouble of being scammed for more money and get less than what they advertised!

Room tip: Don't stay here!!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Cruiser320714
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Only stayed one night here but wish I could've stayed longer. The view from my room was amazing and the bed was one of the comfiest i have ever slept in. Room was spacious and modern. Only downside was there was no WiFi in the room at all.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Very friendly front desk and helpful employee, the room with balcony on the sea has excellent view, spacious room and bathroom.

The internet does not work properly in the room, the front desk try to help and send me the technician and end up with a router in my room but still the problem with the internet not resolved

Room tip: if you are not on budget go for sea view rooms
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank CPUIII
Reviewed October 15, 2018

I have just spent a couple of nights at fredj hotel, a great experience made possible by the friendliest, very professional staff. Friendly and helpful staff, from the doorman up you feel love everyone is dedicated to make your stay as smooth as humanly possible.
The view from the rooms and the restaurant, is unique on the Detroit. On a clear day one can see Tarifa, the most southern point of Europe, and down below the beach and the port of tangier. All in all the view is very southing, and can cure many illness.
Very well situated, a very short walk and you are in the heart of the old kasbah, and the same distance to the modern part of town. I highly recommen this place

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank HabibB241
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Room had dirty blood spots on sheets, no towels in the room and had to wait 20 minutes for them. An outdoor concert started at midnight with music so loud the bed was shaking. The shower drain clogged and we had to end our shower before the bathroom flooded.

The front desk forgot to charge us for tax at check in and took A LONG TIME to get us change.

Avoid - not a good place to stay and overpriced

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Salemily