Golden Tulip Farah Rabat
$112
$106
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As others have said no complimentary water in the room, which would have been very welcome after a long journey. Also no iron available in the entire hotel and the room safe remained locked from the previous occupant throughout my stay despite requesting the front desk to open it. At breakfast unless you manage to get in early don't expect to find clean cutlery or napkins on the table and there was a distinct lack of spoons in the restaurant. However the location is very convenient for the souk!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were put in to a room on arrival facing the noisy four-lane circular road with heavy traffic and hooting horns continuously. The windows had no draught excluder nor sound proofing and, as a result, we had a restless night because the room was noisy and freezing cold. Next day we asked to change rooms to the back which was much quieter. The lounge area was nice and the location good, near Hassan Tower and the old city.The pool on the roof terrace was a pleasant spot to lie in the sun and look out on the Atlantic ocean. The bedrooms were spacious and bathrooms OK but the rooms needed some renovation. We ate twice in Farah restaurant, the buffet was limited choice and sometimes tasteless, the staff didn't bother to offer us the alternative menu available and made no effort. We ate one evening at Brasserie Tulipe restaurant and that was much better service and good quality food. Breakfast was a terrible experience. The staff were decidedly glum and unmotivated, a sachet of sugar lying on the floor was not picked up by any of the staff throughout our meal, for example, they just stood about. They were slow to clear used plates and no serviettes were provided. The 'chef' at the omelette station looked clueless and startled, my omelette was flat and the egg white only half cooked. Two choices of cereals only, nice croissants and pastries. Coffee from the machine to be avoided. A 3-star hotel in my view.The staff at reception spoke poor English.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's hard to get your head around how bad this hotel is because on the surface, everything looks fine.

Then you realize that the majority of the rooms smell like a mildewed closet, that there are little red bugs scurrying around in the the drawers and if you walk barefoot in your room, you'll find your feet get a bit dirty by the end of the night.

The breakfast buffet looked great, but the lack of dishes, glasses and cutlery made it difficult to actually eat. When I asked one staff member for cutlery, she brought me a knife. When I asked for a fork, she rolled her eyes and asked "Really?".

The lifts are rather slow, so I tried to take the stairs once. Once. The stairwell between the 4th and 5th floors smelled like rotting meat.

And I've never been to a hotel where room service attendants insist on being paid in cash.

Some staff tried to be helpful, but they were clearly fighting an uphill battle.

Room Tip: If you can find one that doesn't smell like mold and mildew- take it!
1  Thank TNTNiemi
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having read some of the TA reviews on this hotel I was ready for a dumpy hotel. Nothing could have been more wrong! This hotel is quite nice, certainly a 4 star quality, and really nothing wrong with it. Of course we are in Morroco so things do not work spic and span like in Europe, but the Farah delivers exactly what it should: excellent location minutes walk away from the Medina busy souks and great shopping, excellent common areas with confortable couches and well serviced bar, attentive reception staff, excellent breakfast buffet ( for Morrocan standards) with fresh orange juice and diversified choices. Toaster not working well but that was the least problem. Rooms are large and spacious, a bit outdated but reasoably clean with excellent beds and large bathroom with plenty of amenities. Safety box not working which was a nuisance. Wi fi free and working well. Morroco is not in the European comunity and has kept its personality and traditional ways of life so when travelling through its cities one should not expect the same standards of cleanlyness as in europe. You can expect a Very peasant overall stay at this hotel if you do not demand perfection and are willing to make allowances for some mishaps!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here one night expecting Western standards given the overall impression. Room needed redecorating and one of the lights didn't work. The person who let us in discovered this but nothing was ever done. We had to ask 3 times for a second set of towels as there was only one hand towel and one bath towel provided for 2 people. The third time was 3 hours after my first request! Breakfast OK but nothing better than that. Comfortable bed and reasonably quiet despite central location on main road. When we checked out, the manager demanded payment. They argued with us when I told them our travel company had paid. Eventually, I had to ring at my expense on my mobile so that the organisation could sort it out with the hotel. Finally, the manager emerged from the office, saying (and I quote) "OK madam, you can go". I would have expected an apology for delaying us and acknowledgement of their mistake rather than being told we "can go" as if we were prisoners on our release date.

Room Tip: ask for a room on another side from the main road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple