“AVOID THIS NON 5 STAR HOTEL !!!!”
Review of Hotel Rabat

Hotel Rabat
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Firstly can I say this is not a 5 star hotel. Avoid it !!!! Rooms are not clean, they are old and tired. The whole hotel needs refurbishment. Breakfast is shameful although they do have someone making omlettes, if you can find a clean plate that may be your only pleasure. Most tables do not have cutlery, and there were never coffee cups, we had to continually ask !! Moroccon tea-cold !!

Curtains do not completely close in the rooms, shower head falls out of the holder, bathroom floor really dirty. This was not just my room, I had 5 colleagues with me and all the rooms were the same.

Really loud music echoing throughout the hotel till very late.

Internet 5 Euro for half hour ! There are plenty of internet places providing 1hr for around 50pence.

Concierge was hilarious .... didnt know a thing !! Rabat IS a great place, just stay somewhere nicer. Take my advice :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WriterToniC

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed at this “so called” 5-star hotel for 2 nights in July 2010. We can NOT under any circumstances recommend Hotel Rabat. It is NOT an apartment hotel, but a regular hotel. Its staff is poorly trained and not able at all to meet the expectations of a 5-star hotel guest. There is NO outdoor swimming pool as stated on www. Expedia.com, only a tiny indoor pool in the basement. We pointed out this shortcoming to the duty manager upon arrival and offered to show him the outdoor pool service offered on www. expedia.com. To access the internet we were invited to buy web-time at the reception (10 €). There was no interest in identifying and correcting the false information on Expedia. The reception SELL tickets to an outdoor pool at a neighbouring hotel at 35 € per person/day. The rooms are NOT in working condition, especially not for a 5-star hotel. Upon arrival we had to move from the first room we were assigned, to a second, and then to the third room before finding a room with working electrical installations, TV and water/toilet. The safe in any of the rooms was not fixed to the wall – and could easily be removed in a small bag. There are NO services offered during weekends, the reason being “the office is closed during weekends”. We needed some 30 cm of Scotch tape to close an envelope. After 36 hours waiting the reception gave up – no one was able to help. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY on this hotel, which deserves a maximum 3-star rating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Disgusting services. the food was bad. The hotel was in the middle of nowhere. We had a horrid time in finding any taxis. I asked them for a copy of my receipt through email after returning to my country. I till date I haven't got any response.
The water taps had some dirty stuff coming out of them.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We spent one night at this hotel as part of a Morocco tour. It was the nicest hotel on the tour and was very nice by Moroccan standards. We had a buffet dinner which was very good. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank sicamous
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I stayed, fortunately, only one night at the Hotel Rabat as part of my Imperial Cities tour booked with Italian Tour operator Francorosso. The hotel is advised as 5 stars, extremely funny! The hotel should be classified as a 1-2 stars! First of all the room are terrifying: old carpet, very dust window, dirty bathroom (found hairs of previous guest!), etc. The rooms size is ok, there was a minibar but is empty! The bedclothes has a terrifying smell! The carpet was obviously old an should be change (very dirty).As we were full board we had the dinner at the hotel: as the rest of the hotel also the dinner was very poor with a restricted choice of items. In my opinion a very poor Hotel. Be aware….(I know there are better hotels in Rabat!)

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Hotel Rabat is an acceptable 3-star hotel. That it calls itself a 5-star hotel makes all the little annoyances that much more annoying. The room is average-sized, and clean, but most of the walls as well as the trim and some of the furnishings are painted black, which makes the room far too dark, especially when coupled with the inadequate lighting. The bed is comfortable enough, but the pillows are weirdly hard. The carpet, as others have pointed out, is spotted and could use a good shampooing. The bath are adequate in size and clean, but not lit well enough to apply makeup. Like all hotels I’ve been in Africa, there are no clocks in the room.
Even though I put a room service breakfast tag on the door the night before, I had to call in the morning to get breakfast delivered. The food at the Moroccan restaurant in the hotel is good, but beware: My group was charge the equivalent of $80 each for a “traditional” Moroccan meal. It was nice, but not $80 nice. The staff I came in contact to with (the bar, front desk, housekeeping) were all professional and courteous. This is a middle 3-star hotel, certainly not anything more.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Given everything in town was booked out, the options were limited. So someone booked me into this place, bein 5 star, and after reading some of the reviews, i thought I would give it a clean slate and see for myself.

I could go on for hours, lets just say its crap. I have stayed at the Diwan and Sheraton in Rabat, both out measure this place by a country mile. I had 2 rooms changes, and after this I had no more enegry to have it sorted.

The carpet had so many dirt and stain marks on it, resembling a supreme pizza. The toilet seat lid had grease/lotion on it, hair in the vanity basin, the cupboard shelf was broken and on the ground, the mini bar doors did not shut, the aircon did not work, so I had to have the window open to survive the heat, the cable collapsed in and out, to the point you had no tv, the food was overpriced and appauling. A salad, grilled fish and a corono (50 USD).

The front desk tried to help, but they could only move me to another tired, outdated and busted up 2.5 star hotel room that resembled a bad motel in the back blocks of some 3rd world country.

I am appauled that I have to part with my employers money for this atrocious display of a hideously overrated star hotel. Just

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business