“Terrific Hotel in Town”

Hotel la Tour Hassan
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed July 25, 2013

La Hassan is an excellent value for your travel dollar. The lobby is spacious, meticulous, and filled with Moroccan tile mosaic work. The staff is anxious to please and quickly resolves any issue. When my power convertaor failed during the trip, the front desk promptly provided me one at no charge. The hotel is gorgeous to walk through, particularly in the courtyard, which includes the pool area and seating for several of the restaurants. We enjoyed a well prepared, evenly paced meal sitting in the courtyard on a tranquil evening. If you need to sty in town while in Rabat, Tour Hassan is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan L
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at La Tour Hassan Palace.

Your feedback is important to ensure that we continue to deliver timely and quality service to meet our guests’ expectations.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us in la Tour Hassan Palace.

There are newer reviews for Hotel la Tour Hassan

Reviewed May 30, 2013

During this business trip to Rabat, we were supposed to stay at the impressive Sofitel that, at time of writing, is considered as the #1 hotel in Rabat. Due to some last minute changes we were forced to choose another hotel and La Tour Hassan was what was assigned. Let me tell you that the hotel facade is very nice but the reception area nearby areas did not live up to the exterior design. However, when I took the lift up to the second floor where my room was located things started to look a lot better (strangely, room numbers do not seem to follow a sequential scheme but I did manage to find room 230). When I entered into the room, I was greeted by a nice large room with a great comfortable bed, an OK bath and sitting area. But what really did impress me was the view from the room into the inner courtyard garden: very nice! I do not know what views other room have but you will not regret if you ask for a room facing the courtyard. It is worth it!

Breakfast is of very good quality and great variety. Many French and Moroccan treat and very well presented. Staff was also top notch and I do not have anything bad to point out. I will not give it a rating of Excellent because I have stayed at better 5* (of course... more expensive) and the lobby area does not do the hotel justice. Other than that... the hotel is great!

Room Tip: Upper floors and facing the inner courtyard are very good!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
la_tour_hassan2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for such positive feedback.

Our aim is to meet and exceed our guests expectations in terms of level of service and I am pleased to hear that we have achieved our goal.

On your next getaway to Rabat, be sure to e-mail or call ahead and we will be happy to personally follow-up on your overall satisfaction.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

La Tour Hassan and its well trained staff sure know how to please their high end Guests. Fancy toiletries, 5 stars Breakfast in bed are just the beginning when it comes to La tour Hassan hotel. It is indeed a superb hotel conveniently located. The experience was flawless from all aspects. What I loved the most is the Moroccan cuisine which is what i always look for when i land in Morocco. It will always be my first choice when i visit Morocco I just hope they will not be booked :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment regarding your stay at La Tour Hassan Palace.

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at La Tour Hassan Palace in Rabat.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I concur with all the positive reviews of this hotel -- room, food (breakfast and dinner buffets), staff, etc. all wonderful. What I loved best, however, was the location. Steps away from the hotel entrance I found a charming used book store. Despite my total lack of French and the owner's total lack of English, I ended up with one of my all-time favorite souvenirs -- an '89 edition of Robert Carrier's cookbook, "Taste of Morocco." Nearby was a fabulous flower market. Because I approached from the side, at first I thought the many lovely floral arrangements lined up at the curb were awaiting pickup for a special occasion. Then I turned the corner and found numerous vendors -- with one gorgeous arrangement after another -- turning the sidewalks into a botanical wonderland. Down the street I found a grocery store where I bought locally-made bars of olive oil soap for less than 50 cents each. I also found delicious snacks and chocolate bars at the nearby train station. It was a Mr.-Rogers-beautiful-day-in-the-neighborhood experience to be able to wander freely. ( Of course, I carried a business card from the hotel just in case I wandered too far afield and couldn't figure out how to get back.) If you get the opportunity to stay at the La Tour Hassan, try to find time to explore the area on foot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank illinois travelere
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The entire hotel smells wonderful. Service is hospitable, friendly, and reliable. Most of the staff speaks English which is very helpful.

The spa service is nice but there aren't any changing rooms.

The gym is minimal. There are some dumbbells and cardio equipment only.

The food is very good and service is great for anyone who has any special dietary considerations. I'm a holistic health professional and eating hear was a wonderful experience.

I would recommend this hotel to other people traveling for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Moroccan restaurant offers a classic choice of traditional food. Unfortunately, every single one of the specials have to be ordered 24 hours in advance and for a minimum of four people. What was on offer was at best average, and certainly not worth the high prices asked. The bread, a staple of Moroccan food, was all stale and dry.

Before the meal I was ignored by the occasional passing waiter for twenty minutes. In the restaurant, waiting staff were also invisible for the entire meal, leaving drinks to run out, and us waiting excessively long periods for food.

There are many restaurants in Rabat that offer superior food at far more reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JonathanLedbury
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Loved this Riad -- our first in Morocco. Beautifully appointed with excellent service and startlingly good food for dinner and again for breakfast. Very nice wine selection. Sorry we weren't staying longer!

Room Tip: Our only caution is for travelers who have trouble navigating steps. Ask for a room other than the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends