“Excellent seafood”
Review of Borj Eddar

Borj Eddar
Ranked #147 of 277 Restaurants in Rabat
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My partner and I had almost given up hope of ever finding good food in Rabat when we stumbled upon this gem of a seafood restaurant. We've been there twice and on both occasions we were happily satisfied and eager to go back to try different dishes. The "trio of grilled fish" and "monkfish brochettes" were grilled to perfection: seared on the outside, juicy and succulent on the inside. Their meat dishes were tasty but on the tough side so we'll only be ordering seafood on our next visit.

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food with view that can't be beat”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

If you love the ocean, you will love this restaurant! Sit on the terrace and you will be wowed by the spectacular view. We had seafood of course - one dish was great, the other a bit salty, but still worth the visit. You pay a bit more for a meal here, but for us it was worth it for the location.

1 Thank MMMgo2011
Tampa, Florida
“Beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean with nice meal.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

You need to read French to truly know what you are ordering at this nice Local Restaurant by the sea. There is a mix of local people and tourist(mostly French people I think, since they are white people speaking French, and some Spanish speaking people. Very few Native English speaking people- Not counting the Asians whom also speaks English, since majority of the global traveling Asians do speak a little English which is part of their High School Education)

The VIEW was Spectacular at this place, we choose to sit out in the patio area since the weather was mild on that day. You can watch and hear the ocean waves as you enjoy your meal. The service was average, the food was nice and prepared in the French fashion. I wish I have better command of the French reading ability, I can only figure out that I've ordered some kind of chicken with "?meat"). The waiter speaks some English, but not enough to describe the Menu in detail. I've tried to pin him down on - "what the chicken was made with?" He keep on saying- "meat, meat." I asked- "What kind of meat?" Well, no real answer except he did indicated that is Not pork? I had a moment of panic when I bite into the food, and I thought that the "meat" wrapped around the chicken in the center was Lamb(I do not like lamb); until my husband reassured me that the "meat" was Beef.

Bring your Handy Pocket French translator,I wish I did. Over all, the experience was very pleasant.

p.s. The credit card machine did not work that day, we had to pay in cash in local currency. Thankfully we had some stashed away for accasion like this.

• Visited January 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Great location, food so-so”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location overlooking the beach and ocean at sunset was spectacular. The fish was fresh but preparation was uninspired. Service was very slow and wines listed on menu were not all available. Nothing to get excited about.

• Visited June 2013
“Food and atmosphere are awesome. The service was good.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Try the "Friture de poisson", and the "Friture de calmars" with tartar sauce. The quality of food is great and the price is reasonnable. The location is also great: this is a beachfront restaurant. The service is ok. We had to ask 3 times before to get some more tartar sauce. I think we just did not get lucky this one time since the staff was really nice. I would definitely return to this place.

• Visited June 2013