“Cold food with really cold service”
Review of EL Bahia

EL Bahia
Ranked #40 of 282 Restaurants in Rabat
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The restaurant was one of the two recommended by our Riad's hostess. Once you get there, it is very easy to find with its neon lit sign. Prices for the food very reasonable - so that part was really good.

But the Tajine's that we ordered were really cold. We had to send back one of the dish for reheating. As others have mentioned, food has very little salt but that is very common for all the restaurants that we have eaten around here - so that was not a problem. The vegetables in the Tajine were way overcooked with too many carrots - overall didn't taste that great.

Even though there were several good tables, the waiter started to seat us in a really ugly corner. We ended up choosing our own seats. The table felt congested and I knew that I would have an spilling accident and inspite of that, I did spiill my orange juice. I asked waiter for another one(which I was going to pay for) and the waiter never filled my order. Even after asking for the bill twice, he kept disappearing and we had finally nail him at the counter near the cashier to pay our bill. If the place was in my town, I would not be visiting them again.

There are newer reviews for EL Bahia

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Sunday evening in Rabat is not easy for dining. But our Riad sent us here because it was close and safe. The service was some of the best we have had in a long time. The food very average.
He ordered a viande and vege tagine in which it was hard to distinguish was the meat was. It was definitely not lamb, and pretty sure it was not beef (we subsequently learnt that beef is one of the cheapest meats in Morocco so ????). My vegetable tagine was ok, but bland. We both had to add salt and pepper. They appeared to be seasoned to the lowest common denominator in every respect. But, we did not get sick, so this seems to be a safe place to eat, and fast if you do not have much time.
We subsequently stopped for chips and drinks in a hurry (before catching a train) and the chips were better than in other places. The avocado juice not bad.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

real moroccan atmosphere, excellent value; friendly staff. went there 3 times and the food was good every time!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very close to one of the main exits so easy to find when you're not acclimitised to the narrow streets and mayhem. the tajine was lovely and the prices very reasonable

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice food in a nice environment. Not to go again in a next time to rabat because very plain restaurant.