Restaurant Riad Kalaa
Ranked #20 of 301 Restaurants in Rabat
Description: Faithful to the Moroccan way of life where hospitality is combined with generosity, the restaurant is happy to introduce you to awaken your taste buds with flavors of fine cuisine. Resident or not, everyone is invited to enjoy the cuisine, specializing in tajines in an atmosphere worthy of Oriental palace. The close proximity of the Atlantic Ocean allows us to offer a special place for seafood, fish and shellfish. The chef goes to the market every day and invites you to a real gastronomic journey. The restaurant will meet all your requests (dinner buffet, cocktail, traditional dinner ...). Our team is at your disposal.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the partner riad and decided to eat supper here after seeing the menu at check-in. We were so glad we did. This was easily the best meal (not counting street food) we ate in Morocco.

We went with the full three-course meal (salads, tagine, dessert) and shared it between us... and it stuffed us full. We saw a guy polish off one by himself, though I have no idea how he managed it. We also had a bottle of local red wine, 2009 vintage I think, and it was phenomenal. I had no idea Morocco produced such outstanding wines.

The service was like being in a 5-Star restaurant and the food was tasty and fresh. The salads were something to write home about, (particularly the white bean one, whatever that was).

Highly recommended.

David A, Propriétaire at Restaurant Riad Kalaa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for this nice review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your dinner. All of our food is fresh is home-made.

We hope to see you soon so that you can taste other tajines!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Wonderful place - once you have found it in the winding alleyways of the Medina (when you don't know the way, try to get them to pick you up at the walls).
Usually set menu, lovely Moroccan food in a very nice and relaxing setting.
Doubles as a typical riad (Moroccan City Hotel) and also has a one-person hammam.

2  Thank Froik
Azuelos007, Public Relations Manager at Restaurant Riad Kalaa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about the restaurant Riad Kalaa.
For those who do not know where we are exactly, somebody can meet them at the entrance of the medina and take them to Riad Kalaa.

Laetitia

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took my littlr brother out to dinner just to chill have a nice quiet relaxing time! It was perfect. Beautiful. I love how parts of Morocco are disguised by massive walls in Medinas and are just stunningly gorgeous.

The tagines were perfect, and to be honest I actually don't care for Tagine. I think they are over rated and the food isnt really seasoned. But here it was MEZZIAN!!! And Im quite thankful for the experience I had.

We had a bottle of red Vollubian wine. And the chocolate dessert was to die for. We stayed until closing time. And I promised myself that before I leave I will treat myself to a nights stay. Excellent customer service.

1  Thank Aneesah A
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Go without any doubt with the fish menu....beautiful ambience, nice staff, superb sourrounding. A true experience for anyone who is not used to a riad...

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had ordered dinner in advance and settled for a fish menu. The table was set in the centre atrium and we were served one dish after the other with salads, shrimp, calamares end the plat de resistance: Wolf fish (loup de mer) as fresh as you can imagine. Fruit for desert.
The food and drinks were of good quality and varied, but of course it is the setting that is unique. We were not staying the riyad, and we were lucky to have a table anyway. They do let "outsiders" come for dinner or lunch, but you have to call in advance and reserve. After all this is one of the most popular riads in Rabat. Since we live in Rabat we probably will not rent a room here, but it is tempting. From what we have tasted and seen we would definitely recommend Riad Kalaa.

1  Thank FHN21