“A must...”
Review of Soundouss Hotel

Soundouss Hotel
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Third time in Rabat, so far best hotel I've stayed in.Top shelf staff, very friendly and understanding of my needs. The room was quite nice, very clean which is always appreciated. Pretty nice food as well, (very rare in a hotel).
Great idea about the jazz bar, had an awesome time there.

Thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Soundouss Hotel

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel Has a great staff they did an effort for make me feel confortable during my stay, it has a convinience location and the rooms ( at least mine) were very clean.

The entire hotel is Well decorated with moroccan style, specially the restaurant and ir you Like they have a place for taking tHe tea.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JuanDguez
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was the first time to book a hotel in rabat as we generally find many hotels overbooked.A friend recommended the Soundous hotel that is situated in Agdal , rabat.We were really not looking for too much especially concerning food and service but we got surprised with the employees of this hotel , they speak very well different languages , they are always smiling and at disposal.

We wanted to get a transfer to the airport and they just called us a taxi.The rooms were clean and price is not that expensive.

This would remain a great hotel to recommend to all my friends!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and my 2 children 16 and 13.
I had never experienced such an excellent and attentional service from the entire staff.
We had 2 rooms- very clean- wery well decorated.
The food was excellent and the Moroccan dining room was simply beautiful.
I was happy to discover such charming hotel , not to mention the FREE WI-FI.
Once in Rabat, I suggest you give it a try.

Moose

Room Tip: Higher floor are for better view, but the Terrasse is as good for the city view, especially at night
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the Soundouss Hotel in Rabat, Morocco for a few days in between transit from Iraq to Mauritania. I enjoyed by stay there as it provided me with all I needed to freshen up after a few weeks in Iraq. Having met many Moroccans in Montreal it was a pleasure to explore their native country and learn so much.
The hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable. The internet connection somewhat complicated and I never really had a feeling that I was too safe especially at night when the motion triggered lights in the corridor would automatically turn off if no one was moving around...
The corner room I stayed at provided me with a great view of the intersection where streets are filled with car honking to the beat of courageous street crossing pedestarians...unless you are a local get a cab, do not risk driving around...and if you walk, look carefullllllly before crossing any road!!!
The hotel has a great little store/bakery nearby where I fell in love with their bread.
There are quite a few trendy restaurants right nearby where I enjoyed tagine for breakfast and other delights.
The hotel isn't central to the usual tourist sights but a cab ride away from marvelous marvels to be discovered. Watch out for "tour giudes" who will provide you with information at a hefty price, always ask how much first...
I would love to go back to Morocco one day but I would stay at another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

An adequate business hotel in Rabat, not your 5 star western chain, but a 'local' of reasonable standard. You could say the place was dated and a bit tired, but that would be harsh.

Wi Fi was Ok once one understood how to get it going. Staff generally helpful and restaurant OK.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2011

beautiful hotel both inside and out....lovely Moroccon architecture...checked in with no problems...staff very pleasant and helpful...room was spacious and clean with everything I needed or wanted...we stayed 7 nights and had breakfast which was of a very high standard.. delicious fruit and fresh bread daily...we ate in the restaurant most nights and sampled the local cuisine which was excellent...I will definetely stay here on my next trip and I would highly recommend this hotel...On my next trip I intend to stay longer and mix business with pleasure and do some sight seeing which I believe the staff will organise for me..as I found out from other guests who had this wonderful service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business