“Pleasantly surprising”

Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After sorting through the many options as I planned my first trip to Rabat (and to Morocco for that matter), I settled on the Diwan mostly for price and a general appreciation for other Trip Advisor reviews. I appreciated the attentive staff at the Front Desk, the very clean and modern rooms with amenities, the lobby bar/cafe and the location. The staff were comfortable in multiple languages and politely humored me with my rusty French. Although I transferred later on to the Tour Hassan nearby for a conference, I much preferred the staff and rooms from the Hotel Diwan (and the price).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Noury S, Directeur général at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a
review.
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you
again in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Le Diwan is fashionable, comfortable, and well-located. The rooms are very clean, the pillows are billowy and the beds are soft. The water pressure is strong, making for a luxurious shower. There's a great collection of contemporary art work throughout the hotel making it feel very modern.  We used the spa for a $15 manicure and $5 eyebrow wax and we were very satisfied with the quality of the service. There are many restaurants within just a few blocks, including a tasty creperie around the corner and several cafes with traditional Moroccan food in a plaza. We were able to walk wherever we wanted, including to the central souk. Breakfast at the hotel was plentiful with lots  of fresh fruit and Moroccan pastries. Overall, it was a great welcome to Morocco.

• Stayed: June 2013
Noury S, Directeur général at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much
and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Diwan M Gallery collection in
Rabat .

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is located at a corner with to much traffic. The location is not attractive. Therefore after arriving I asked for a quiet room in the rear part of the hotel. The answer was that all these rooms were smokers and since I' not one I had to take a room in front of the street. The rooms have a double glass window, but still you can hear the traffic. There is no swimming pool or fitness center.
The hotel has a good but a little expensive restaurant.

Room Tip: You must mention in advance the kind of room you want to have, quiet, loud, smoker or non smoker.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We at theDiwan M Gallery in Rabat very much appreciate all your thoughts.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

After spending 20 days in Le Diwan in May 2013, I can say:

Breakfast: A great selection of fruits, Moroccan breads and pastries, jams and egg dishes. It was my favorite meal of the day. The room service breakfast is impressive too.

Staff: The reception staff speak multiple languages easily and are friendly and accommodating. During my stay, without asking me first, the hotel removed the simple hot water kettle (bouilloire) and replaced it with a sophisticated espresso machine. Problem--the machine doesn't produce enough hot water to make tea. When I asked for the bouilloire back, they brought it quickly without any complaint. They also handled laundry service very efficiently. It's expensive, but excellent quality work.

Location: Easy walks to train station, medina, church, mosque, restaurants. The tram is one block away, too, so you can get everywhere easily. Pay attention crossing the street to the hotel because the traffic flow is chaotic, but that's typical of Rabat. Good security. I never felt uncomfortable around the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors (four or above) for a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Noury S, Directeur général at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Le Diwan M Gallery in
Rabat .
I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Comfortable, clean and very well located...
The staff was extremely friendly and helping, always smiling and ready to help...
The rooms were clean and nice; beds very comfortable...
Breakfast was okay.
The location is excellent and close to the main streets of Rabat.

I enjoyed my stay there...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Noury S, Directeur général at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have
been a part of your visit. .
We look forward to welcoming you back at Diwan M gallery in Rabat .

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good location, easy to locate , clean .
Rabat is beautiful , green. We were a group of 16 , the rooms were tidy , clean and proper. Staff very welcoming and assistant , and courteous. You can get proper exchange rate at the hotel, and no need to bother going searching for a bank.
We could walk to the "suwayka souk, " shopping was a nice experience, leather items were attracting and affordable"

1  Thank maykoleilat

Dear Guest .

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Diwan Mgallery in Rabat We very
much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times! The overall ambiance at this hotel demonstrates higher degree of Luxury and made me feel like home. Great location - just a short walk to the train station and most tourist spots in Rabat. Staff have been very friendly and maintain great customer relations. My room decoration made me feel very comfortable and every single furniture has been ergonomically designed. They have great in-house restaurants and offer delicious Moroccan and International dishes. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Rabat as it brings more value for the money I spend.

Room Tip: Experience yourself - look for hotel membership with various associations - stay at star hotels and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Noury S, Directeur général at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the MGallery Rabat Diwan. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.