“A good stay in Rabat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Rabat

Ibis Rabat
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Rabat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed at Ibis Rabat for 3 nights with over 30 others because of a wedding weekend. I was horrified to discover that I slept with ants not only on my room side board table but also in my bed and asked to be moved which Driss Nahid (Deputy Manager) did as requested the next day.

I was assured that there will be no ants in my new room after the inconvenience that I had to pack and unpack and sure enough, I discovered ants again in the 2nd room. I was then moved again and unfortunately I had no choice but to stay for another night with the wedding guests on the 3rd night but fortunately the room was ant free. I regretted staying at this Ibis. The manager agreed to refund my 1st night but as expected this had not been received. He refused to refund me for the other nights even though he admitted to me that the hotel had problems with ants and there is nothing that can be done as they can crawl through the smallest of cracks. Whilst I sympathised with him regarding this problem, I do not believe anyone in their right mind would pay money to sleep in a hotel room with ants crawling around.

I also had to pay for an extra half a day room rate (£31 or 38 Euros) to store my bags securely in my own bedroom when I discovered that the left baggage room is never locked and will never be locked. I challenged the hotel manager and receptionist regarding this issue and they said there are video cameras but I did not see any inside the baggage room and none outside too. Also what can video pictures prove if the thief has gone? I even explained that I had my laptop stolen in the past when the baggage room was unlocked and they refused to listen in front of the bemused guests.

I did prove in front of the guests that I could have taken a hand bag without anyone knowing as the baggage room was positioned out of sight of the reception area. Crazy but its true that a simple issue can be resolved but the obstinate Ibis staff / policy had meant that your belongings are put at risk if you decide to stay there unless if you are willing to pay the extra half days rate. Hopefully there will not be a thief reading this who will prove me right.

My tip: Don't stay here! My 2nd tip: Never leave your baggage in any baggage room where it is unlocked and where the receptionist is not around to see you taking items out or even taking the wrong suitcase! Always leave your baggage where it is tagged and where you can't just freely have access to them.

Room Tip: Two out of three rooms which I stayed in had ants. A/C works but are not very cold even at the colde...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2036, Directeur général at Ibis Rabat, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Rabat Moussafir Agdal. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; even though our first gesture to you offer a free night, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, a specially the Ants problem and the luggage room.

Cordially
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

stayed there for a night, the service was soo poor during breakfast, there is a lady there who thinks she owns the restaurant and treating people in a very rude way. you must put some efforts into training your staff.... it would help you serve better

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Mhafid
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Rabat Moussafir Agdal. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

cordially.

Travelers are raving about these Rabat hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

First time was in June 28th 2014 and wasn't happy at all. Poor service and room was totally uncomfortable .
However went again in July 29th 2014 and service was much better and there is a gentleman with the name of Zakaria on reception desk he was very helpful

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dammam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Stayed at many Accor hotels and experienced lower standards in morocco, location was good, but hotel Employees at reception desk were rude. No elevator need to take stairs, Room was almost the general IBIS standard (can't complain) however, the bathroom was worn down and the toilet seat was broken which they fixed, had 1 soap & 2 Sachs shampoo hardly enough for one person. Breakfast had few choices and food was not great but the sitting area outside was very nice (go to nearby restaurants). Gave them my loyalty card at check-in they said they registered it but discovered that they haven't done so. There are better hotels in Rabat. Would not stay at this location again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mahmus
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My stay was great. I had a 4day meeting there. The room was good even if the bathroom floor wasn't clean enough...apart from that, the staff was very efficient (especially the waiters and waitress) and they did everything they could to please us. The garden is really nice and it was nice having our meals there. As a vegetarian I was afraid meals would be boring but for 4 days we had different and tasty vegetarian meals. We also use the conference rooms and coffee breaks and everything was clean and good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business