“Disappointed”
Review of Ibis Rabat Agdal

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights.
1-staff : I could tell that they have never been trained or maybe they are not bothered to give effort . I booked this hotel through thomas cook in uk . When im checking out they spent like 30 min checking my booking so how they let me on on the first place. Simply they have no clue !. Plus they don't know how to show respect
2-the restuarent : poor
3- room: clean. Toilet : why they provide only one small soap and two small sachet shampoo for a room for couple ! Expecting us to have one time shower aday!
3- why I rated average ? Because the location and the clean room but for the money I paid I can find better hotel for sure so I don't think om going back again to it
Ibiz management :please send someone their for unexpected visit , this hotelis a shame for ibiz

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Majed S
2036, Directeur général at Ibis Rabat Agdal, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Rabat Moussafir Agdal. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Perhaps a good location close to train station, but otherwise not much going for it. Compared with other IBIS hotels I've stayed in, the service is rubbish to non-existent. Upon arrival, it felt like I was inconveniencing the staff at reception by showing up. Bed is clean and comfortable and AC is blissfully quiet, but room is tiny, bathroom is grubby, there is no drinking water provided, no kettle or tea in room, not even a box of facial tissues, and shampoo comes in little tearable (pun intended) sachets that you'd more likely find in a budget hostel. And of course no elevator.

The restaurant is to be avoided. It was a mistake to decide to avoid the walk to nearby restaurants and go there. I waited ages for a filet de sole meuniere that ended up being little more than a soggy greasy sponge, and after waiting more than thirty minutes to have my dirty plate removed and ask for the bill (I gave up on dessert), I only manged to get it by getting up and leaving. A very disappointing addition to the IBIS brand. Its as if no one from IBIS corporate quality control has ever bothered to check in on this one. Slap their name on the outside and its easy money I suppose.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Randel B
2036, Directeur général at Ibis Rabat Agdal, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel close to the town centre and nearby to the train station. Easy to obtain taxis. Large open air carpark next to the hotel, price very cheap.
Hotel itself - No lift which means carrying baggage up a narrow spiral stairs. Room small but clean. OK for an overnight stay.
Restaurant decor seem like a works canteen. Breakfast OK however, supplies need continually stocking up, the client should not need to ask.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank StellaArtois63
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I spent two nights in the Hotel. I was first surprised when I have been told that there were no lift in the hotel. The room was small but calm with a nice view on the garden. The bed was comfortable, but the shower was ugly and looks really dirty.
Honestly, I did not expect such low quality for an IBIS hotel, famous for the high quality meeting the expectations of tough customers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side are quieter and sunnier. Be careful, there is no lift !
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank naoufel c

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Generally disappointing. There is no lift in the hotel so you have to carry your luggage up the awkward staircase. My room had one damp wall - it was wet when I touched it. No drinking water provided in the room and no tea or coffee making facilities. I found the opening and closing hours of the restaurant inconvenient - no possibility of having dinner before 7.30pm. Despite the extravagant claims on the brochure in the room the breakfast buffet is very basic - the only cooked dish available on each of the three mornings I stayed there was watery scrambled egg. The staircase carpet was dirty when I arrived and stayed like that for three days.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Hywel C

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I read the previous reviews but booked despite the negative comments. Arrived in anticipation of a bad hotel but i was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if it was because I had really low expectation that whatever I got would have exceeded my low expectation...

It was an Ibis so i expected a basic budget hotel which it ticks all the boxes too. Not sure if the previous reviewers expected a lot more but this is an Ibis at the end of the day so expect an ibis experience.

On plus side
Clean room, not too noisy, basic but plentiful breakfast and efficient staff. Location excellent as next door to railway station though we arrived by car so didn't take advantage of this

On negative side
Room had a bit of condensation issue (windows dripping first thing in the morning) and no lift to rooms - surprised no one comments on this previously - so a bit tricky with 4 bits of luggage with a toddler.

All in all - expect an Ibis hotel and you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LWFL
Reviewed September 3, 2013

the carpets on the stairs and hallways looked dirty. the hallway leading to the room had a weird
smell and is not something refreshing.

room was adequate with a great view of the garden, shower is small but comfortable. lacking
of toothpaste and soaps. we occupied a double room but they only put 1 pc. of soap and 2 sachets of shampoo.

the lady at the counter was not wearing presentable uniform, saw her wearing slippers and was not smiling at all. the tone of her voice was not friendly, sounding like she was interrogating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business