“I love this riad” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 46 Rabat B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“I love this riad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We received this address from a friend we met in Fes. I absolutely don't regret coming here. De owners, Fahrid and Laurence are by far the two sweetest people I have ever met. Nothing is too difficult for them, they assisst you with EVERYTHING. I really mean everything. They gave us great advice how to react to the people in the medina, what to watch out for, how to continue our journey. Laurence also gave us a great tour of Rabat on paper, which was absolutely stunning. The riad itself is by far the most beautiful palace on the face of this earth. Everything is so clean, the staff is LOVELY. The rooms are amazing. They are big, clean and just perfect. The patio is great, I spent most of my time just sitting here, enjoying Fahrid's great taste of music, the flowers and the birds. Also, there is an elevator, for luggage, disabled people or if you're just very tired. The terrace is great, the eating area is great and just everything is great. I would certainly come back here. And I think Fahrid and Laurence really love what they do and both have a heart of gold. I never met such kind people. It made our stay in the riad even more special. They also have a hammam, spa, jacuzzi, pedicures, manicures, massages, which we couldn't pass up. It was great! Also the prices are very reasonable. Staying in this riad is money well spent. The service you get goes beyond your imagination.

CERTAINLY coming back here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank SabinaK88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

As a group of ladies and a young child we stayed one night in this Riad and it was a great experience. The Riad itself is spotless and just gorgeous with white walls and huge ornate wooden doors. The rooms were large, bright, charmingly decorated with great linens and the bathroom was huge with a double sink and a huge bath and shower. We enjoyed drinks on the rooftop terrace and nothing was too much trouble for the owner who provided food for the little one and a baby sitter. We ate breakfast on the terrace and it was a feast of pancakes, pastries yoghurts and delicious fresh orange juice. There is also a hamman and spa which includes a huge double jacuzzi..and although we didnt have time to try it out ..i am sure i will go back . There is also an elevator for those less mobile. In fact it is obvious that the owners really care that their guests have a wonderful experience in their home and in Rabat. They have thought very deeply how to create an atmosphere of tranquility that everyone can share. I would really recommend this place to everyone and will definately be back .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank weedycdragon
Warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

The riad had recently opened and it's absolutely gorgeous. While the building is ancient, the design is 'modern moroccan' with tadelakt walls and floors. The service is personal, as the owners (a French couple) live in the Riad. A refreshing change from the traditional ornate 14th century riad's that you find in the medina.

Room Tip: The room upstairs has a jacuzzi in the bath
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank CultureFreakWarsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

I usually do not leave reviews but this time I was asked to and my stay was so perfect that I simply want to advertise this Bed & Breakfast. I apologize for my poor English but I want as much people as possible to read this review. I stayed one week in Rabat for work and the usual hotel in the business area was fully booked. I reserved at the very last minute a room at Riad El Maati and it was the best thing of my stay. The Riad is new and not known, you have to mention the entrance Bab Chellah of the Medina. From there it is just a couple of minutes walking. Medina is the original old town, cars are not allowed because it is made of narrow small streets. The structure is clean, cozy and beautiful. I really looked forward to finish my working day and return to "my" riad. A sumptuous breakfast was included in my rate and I enjoyed having it on the terrace with a view on the Medina roofs. The riad is owned by a very nice and available French-Moroccan couple who lives in the same Riad with her sons and daughter. It is also possible to have complete dinner with French-Moroccan fusion cuisine. There is only a point to consider, it is not a problem for me because I know Morocco but for first time travellers to a muslim country could be a bad surprise. This is also the reason why I do not put the full point to the sleep quality. The riad is very near to a mosque and you hear the 5 daily prayers. I suggest to use ear plugs like me if you do not want to be waken up at 4.15 am.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
7 Thank sajde
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We loved Riad el Maati - the cool, chic rooms with their fine linens, gorgeous old doors, and beautiful fixtures, the huge and hugely comfortable bed, and the delectable courtyard and rooftop terrace. We were lucky to stay at a quiet time so had the full attention of Laurence and Farhid and their lovely children - including being taken to excellent textile and lamp artisans (whose prices were very fair and products beautiful), eating one of Laurence's delicious tagine suppers, and even being escorted to the ATM by their teenage son when we needed to get cash out. Truly this place is a treat, right in the heart of the bustling Medina but a tranquil sanctuary of refined calm.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple