Dar Zouhour
    Riad Kalaa(Rabat)
      Average 3/5
        • Restaurant
        Good 3.5/5
        All reviewsperfect place to staylovely riadthe room was nicely decoratedyour luggagebit hard to findshort walkold citymint teacentral locationyogurtnoranourakasbahcourtyardmoroccoalleyway
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here on my first night in Morocco, having arrived in Casablanca and made my way on the train to Rabat it was the perfect riad. Its in the old medina but easy to find. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful! The riad is also perfectly situated as a base to explore Rabat and all the major sights are within walking distance. I arrived quite late and there wasn't anyone there who spoke particularly good English, having said that, I didn't speak particularly good French and the girl still went out of her way to help me even though it involved sign language and pictionary and a lot of patience. I cannot thank her enough, by the end of it I knew where to eat, where to visit, how to top up my phone, what time breakfast was and both of us were in fits of giggles. It was an unbelievably warm welcome and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Riad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
        Reviewed July 17, 2012

Staff extremely helpful. Served tea at our arrival. Gave us a map with directions for getting around the Medina. Good location but a bit of a challenge to find. Helpful Moroccan walked us to the front door. Room was a real treat and a great overall experience. We stayed on the bottom floor in a suite with a/c. Breakfast in the courtyard was delightful.

Room Tip: Recommend suite on bottom floor with a/c
        • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
        Reviewed July 10, 2012

A lovely spot to stay in Rabat. The riad was clean, well kept and the staff was very friendly and spoke both english and french. The terrace upstairs is a great spot to have a quiet break from the city. Agree with the suggestions to ask for a map as it can be a bit tricky to navigate the medina. I would also suggest getting the ladies at the front desk to write the address down in both French and Arabic in order to be able to show cab drivers if you need to get there by car.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
        1  Thank holmespun
        Reviewed June 27, 2012

Good location in the medina, about a 10 minute walk to the Kasbah, and easy to find. Very nice Moroccan staff, one of whom spoke a good amount of English (and I would assume all spoke French). I stayed in the Iris room, which was nice, but my parents stayed in one of the suites, which was more expensive but also more lavishly decorated. Rooms on the ground floor open up onto the courtyard/main eating area, so potential for noise if one is looking to sleep in although this was not an issue for us. The riad has a hammam on the terrace which we did not use as it was pretty small and basically a steam room and shower. The owners were not as involved in the operations as in the other two riads in which we stayed on this trip. We only saw them in passing one evening and they seemed to speak no English, only French. The breakfast was nice, lots of food options including fresh fruit, which is not something that we have seen in many other riads.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
        Reviewed May 30, 2012

It s a lovely small riad in the heart of the medina. Well located in a quiet area of the medina.
        Clean, good breakfast and a perfect shampoo and shower gel flavor orange.... I love that. Ask for a map before go there because the Medina is a confused area of Rabat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple