“A good budget option” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Velleda

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rabat
Hotel Velleda
You added Hotel Velleda to your Saves list
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Rabat
Taza, Morocco
“A good budget option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer and Velleda is one of the main options that PCHQ like to put volunteers in when they come into Rabat for meetings, medical issues etc.

The hotel velleda is centrally located about at 5 - 10 minute walk almost straight across the street and around the corner from the Rabat -Ville train station. It is closely located near many different places to eat that fit all budgets - McDonalds, Goethe Institute and Al Bih- which is across the street and has a falafel plate for 20dhs and generally polite waitresses.

There is also a nice "corner store" that sells fruit and other food items next door to the entrance when you face it on the right side. The owner is very nice, polite and prices are fair.

Its on the 5th floor with its own small elevator to gain access to the hotel - so no worries about humping your bags up many flights of stairs.

The hotel also offers free wifi - which you can ask for the code from the reception desk.

Room 16 which I was assigned over looked the central courtyard of the building. It also had its own toilet and shower. The shower however didn't get very hot water - lukewarm would be a generous description.

The sound level was medium to high from the hallway that my room was located off of- not to mention the protest that occured or the fact there was a huge soccer match all in the same night - didn't sleep well as I live in a rural small city and it has very little "city" noise.

The room also had a desk and a poorly cushioned arm chair. The room also had its own TV and satellite box - so I got channels in english like Dubai One, MBC 2 and BBC World.

The one down side to this stay was the ventilation shaft that my bathroom shared with the hall/shared bathroom led to the outside of the hotel and it was warm and moist enough to breed mosquitoes. So I got eaten alive because I left my bathroom door open in my room. The next night that I spent I made sure to close the door to the bathroom early in the evening - to prevent an invasion of the blood suckers - which worked nicely after searching out and killing as many as I could find of the remaining mosquitoes.

I would go back but request a room that doesn't have a common ventilation shaft - to prevent looking like I got eaten alive or bring my own mosquito net!

Please Note - I have no idea if the Velleda has a swimming pool or a Restaurant and the Trip Advisor website asked for information on them - so I rated them terrible as I have no clue if either exists!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank nomadnoor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped there for our first night in Morroco. Good location near the train station and the tram. No security and not a lot of service. Simple room without caracter. Clean room and bathroom. Not a really confortable bed and pillow. Overall clean budget option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I are Peace Corps Volunteers, and the Velleda is one of the hotels that the Peace Corps puts up Volunteers in Morocco when they need to come to Rabat for meetings, medical visits, etc. It’s a clean, low-frills, budget option, very close to the Rabat Ville train station, the medina, Parliament, and the tram line. All the rooms I’ve stayed in have a bathroom with a toilet/sink and some rooms have had showers as well (there are shared showers for the other rooms, which I assume are cheaper). I think all rooms have TVs as well. The hotel is several stories up (in an elevator) so it’s nice and quiet. And there’s WiFi available, spotty in a few places but generally pretty good. I prefer the Velleda to the nearby, similar budget Hotel Splendid, which the Peace Corps also uses. If you’re not traveling on the cheap, there are nicer places in Rabat, but if you are looking to not spend much, it’s a clean and reasonable option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple