We stayed here for two nights in September as part of a wedding party.
We had previously spent (based on tripadvisor) 8 nights at other riad's and hotels around morocco as part of our main yearly holiday. This was by far the most expensive riad and unfortunately the most disappointing....
Reasons I was disappointed...(.mainly due to the money spent...)
1) There was no hot water on the evening of the wedding. Also there were no fresh towels in our room so my partner went down to reception in just my beach towel...
2) we had ants all over the bed and when we told the staff they simply brushed them off the bed and laughed. This didn't seem to be a problem to the staff that there were ants everywhere...!
3) staff, as the other comment below says, we're unwelcoming. Something I had not experienced anywhere else in morocco.
4) took ages to get a beer and the service at breakfast was slow and nonchalant..
5) we got allocated a suite which in my opinion was smaller than any other standard room we had in other cities. No door to bathroom which was annoying
I don't like writing this for one reason only. My friend got married here and the wedding itself was amazing. It didn't impact the day in my opinion but one thing I will say is that there are plenty more amazing and welcoming riad's around morocco which I will be writing about next...
Unfortunately this riad has just lost that all important customer service...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and discover this 1815's property, in the peace of the old Medina. With over 1000sqm for only 11 rooms and suites, Riad Kalaa is here to offer you Rabat like you have never seen it...Welcoming mint tea and traditional sweets, natural amenities, Rooftop pool, complimentary wifi access, Andalusian patio, panoramic solarium.Moroccan restaurant, summer snack & delights on rooftop terrace, traditionnal hammam, aromatherapy massages.Golf pre-reservation, excursions, airport transferts... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Kalaa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Kalaa Rabat
- Riad Kalaa Hotel Rabat