“A gate”

and up
Meknès and Roman Ruins of Volubilis Day Trip from Fez
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Meknes
Reviewed June 7, 2014

There are many gates in Morocco, this was not the largest, the most ornate, the most beautiful, the most historical, or the most interesting. I wouldn't make a long trip to see it, but it fits well into a longer itinerary.

1  Thank KRob147

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Well preserved gate, overlooking the main square. Nice, but once seen easily forgotten. If in the area worth seeing, but not for a special trip.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Was disappointed, it is a long drive to visit what is just a decorative gate. I think some of the other gates on our trip to Morocco were more impressive. We did however have a lovely meal at the terrace restaurant overlooking the gate.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

While there are some beautiful elements to the gate, marble columns from Volubilis and zellij tiles, this landmark is something to see only in you are in the area.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a gate, a very big gate, it is pretty and nice to look at. If you really like gates you will enjoy this gate. Not as excited as some of the other reviewers. We were in Meknes and we saw the gate, it is beautiful and imposing, but was not open. Dont go to Meknes for the gate, it was only after I went to write a review I found out about it being the biggest in Morocco, and it didnt change my opinion on the gate. Just to clarify I dont usually use the word gate this often.

1  Thank Simon W