“A good place for pastilla (pigeon pie).”
Review of Restaurant Salma

Restaurant Salma
Ranked #39 of 71 Restaurants in Meknes
Cuisines: Moroccan
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A good place for pastilla (pigeon pie).”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I did not have the bad experience of the two reviewers below. I have worked in restaurants and even the best can have bad days. I had pastilla in other Moroccan cities and I wanted to try it here; Restaurant Salma had the best that I tasted. The olives and breads were also good. The decor was not my style but I appreciated it because it is in a style that Moroccans like. The terrace was full, I was fine in the dining room. The waiter was pleasant. The restrooms were very clean and modern. The menu items were over-priced and for tourists but I have seen worse.

Sydney, Australia
“Ghastly”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Kitchen staff screamed abuse at each other throughout. The cheese omlette had no cheese and greasy, soggy chips. We could not get salt and pepper brought to the table. The specialty 'B'stilla" (pigeon pie) had obviously been frozen - hot outside cold inside. We sent it back and were given a second exactly the same. We sent back all of the food we were given and they presented us a bill for the full price. We called for the manager and told him the food was too bad to eat. He replied "the food is good, you are bad". We finally left, paying 75 dirhams for a coke and small water and with a 5 dirham reduction from the omlette (managed to get the horrble pie removed from the bill).
This place is a trouist restaurant next to the mosque in Meknes and is horrible.

Sydney, Australia
“Complete Disaster from Start to Finish”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We were advised to go there by our driver who took us to Meknes from Fes for the day, He recommended it as I had said I wanted to try pastilla au pigeon and this place had it. We went and took a seat on the terrace which was lovely but had to listen to one of the chefs having an argument with someone in the kitchen nearby. She was extremely loud and obnoxious and we eventually had to as a manager to ask her to be quiet.

Our meal was very bad. My mother ordered a cheese omlette with cheese. It had no cheese in it. It came with some horrible chips. The pastilla au pigeon I ordered was cold in the middle. I sent it back to be heated and they brought me another one which was also cold in the middle. I returned that as well and said I didn't want another. The waiter stuck his finger in it to see if it was really cold, had it heated further and then brought me back the same meal he had stuck his finger in to!!

We declined it. We were brought dessert which we also declined and asked for the bill. They expected us to pay for the lot! We tried to discuss the issues we had with the meal and the owner shouted at us, said his food was good and we were bad and then yelled at us in arabic. We agreed to pay for our drinks and some of the omlette meal but not the whole thing.

It was a very unpleasant experience!

Avoid this place at all costs!