“Cooking traditional Moroccan dishes in Meknes, Morocco”
Review of Savor Morocco - CLOSED

Savor Morocco
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and learn how to make some of the best food in the world. At "Savor Morocco", you will step up to your own personal cooking station and cook the local cuisine (from Tajine to Couscous to Eggplant Salad.) At the same time, you will learn a lot about the Moroccan culture and time-honored traditions. From beginners to experts, you will create some amazing dishes.
Reviewed October 5, 2010

A highlight of our trip to Morocco, we learned to cook traditional Moroccan dishes at Savor Morocco in the imperial city of Meknes. Under the careful guidance of Chris Padgett and FatimaZahra, we learned to make mint tea, bourmash, and milawi, then sat down to share a lovely meal with FatimaZahra. After dinner, we went to the rooftop to watch storks nest, enjoy the sunset, and listen to the call to prayer. A magical evening in a magical place!

6  Thank FarleySanFrancisco

Reviewed July 23, 2010

The cooking school was well prepared and clean. The teacher spoke perfect english and put up with me and my friend cracking jokes and not staying on task! We had such a fun time learning how to cook and taking in some moroccan traditions. Would recommend this cooking school to anyone wanting to get off the beating path.

2  Thank TwoNickles2
Reviewed January 24, 2010

My Savor Morocco experience was great. The instructor was well prepared and very fluent in English. It was helpful to have a native Moroccan teach the class-- definitely made it feel authentic. I made Touktouka and chicken Tajine. It tasted fantastic and was probably the best food I had during my entire trip to Morocco. Given Morocco's reputation for having great cuisine, a visit to the Savor Morocco cooking school is an excellent way to be immersed in the culture. Afterward, Chris took us to see Volubilis and Moulay Idris. Overall, my day at the cooking class and afterward visiting the ancient Roman ruins and the sacred Islamic city were definitely the best part of my entire vacation to Morocco.

3  Thank ACW30
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Savor Morocco was a wonderful experience beyond our expectations. We lead a group of 14 people for a day trip to Meknes.Half the group did the cooking school first while the other half toured the city. The lessons were hands-on and practical. (I have made the dishes at home!) The young lady leading the class was charming and spoke perfect English. Chris, the owner, arranged a tour guide and made sure the entire day went smoothly. The cooking classes take place in an open ground floor of a riad. Each participant has his/her own station. You share a stove with one other learner. We each made a starter and our own main dish. After completing them, we moved to a seating area to enjoy the lunch we had prepared. I have sent several groups to Savor Morocco and they have returned with good reports each time. I will go back again!

1  Thank Bamaglobetrotter
Reviewed March 1, 2009

We really enjoyed our time at Savor Morocco! I've lived in Morocco for several years and still learned a lot of new things and my guests had a great time!