Riad Ta'achchaqa
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$56
$307
$458
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsnice terracebeautiful decorground floorpeaceful oasistucked awaymain squarestayed here for nightstaxi drivermint tealovely riadpancakesevery morningmazemedinamoroccomapchaos
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very difficult to find initially but, once you are shown it is in a great location. Close to the main square, souks and pick up locations.

Fantastic roof terrace. Staff only really speak French, but wasnt a problem as they were all friendly.
Great place, would go again.

Room Tip: Bring a lock as the rooms are in the traditional style. The place is very secure, but good for piece of mind.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eltee83
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'll say first that the only reason I gave four stars for 'Location' is that this Riad is incredibly difficult to find. As a result, I highly recommend going to their website after you've booked and emailing them about an airport pickup. It's a little pricey (well, pricey compared to just taking a taxi, though you could get out-negotiated or tricked there, too, so it balances out), but well-worth it to have someone lead you through the maze of alleys and tunnels to the Riad the first time. You might even get lost the second time you try to find your way back — I did.

Otherwise, the place is wonderful. It's beautiful on the inside, the people who run the place and work there are incredibly accommodating and pleasant. I saw in a review somewhere before booking that the doors don't have their own keys, and that's true, but I never once felt like my possessions were in any danger, as the Riad is closed off from the rest of the world and there are staffers around on at all times.

The breakfast is fairly simple (juice, coffee, Moroccan pancakes, eggs, bread, bowls of pomogranate seeds and cups of yogurt on alternating days, flatbread) — nothing to write home about, but good. The other meals that are available are wonderful; we had a three-part dinner ordered for the night we arrived, and it was fabulous.

All in all, I'm really glad we booked this Riad — it's not the fanciest of the available options (we stopped through to eat and have coffee at some of the super high-end offerings during our stay in Marrakech), but it is very, very nice, especially for the price, and the people there made it a very relaxing place to stay, especially compared to the hustle and bustle of merchants and conmen that otherwise pervade the Medina area.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were simple and dark, but lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colinismyname
Reviewed September 28, 2013

There is NO end to all the nice words I could say about this hidden oasis in wonderfull Marrakech. The staff is outstanding, great service in any way - you feel really at home from day one. Everything was very clean. The patio (sorry for this Spanish word) gives a wonderfull open atmosphere. The rooms are great, the bath almost luxurius (bathrobes and BIG towels), the beds are big and comftable. The breakfast is served on the wonderfull roof terrasse and is absolutely delicius with a lot to choose from.
The riad can be hard to find - so better oder a pick up from the airport to the riad. After day one will you be able to navigate the narrow streets of the 'souk' and will find no difficulty to find your way.
Our stay here was unforgettable and we will surely stay here next time again. This is one of the best hotels I ever have experienced, and I have tried a lot of hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 567NielsS
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we had stayed in a Riad; my fourth or fifth visit to Maroc and my wife's first. The unprepossessing exterior immediately gives way to the welcoming interior which impresses even when dimly lit at the late hour we arrived. We were offered a dinner reservation but when I informed them of our arrival time and requested a supper snack, it was not mentioned in the reply confirming our airport transfer and never materialised on arrival. After this initial disappointment, and on exploring the Riad in daylight we found it charming and well restored. The staff were ever helpful and made every effort to make us feel comfortable. Riads are true sanctuaries from the hustle and bustle of tourist Morocco and this was no exception and the modern furnishings complemented well with the traditional layout and decor although the bathroom was a little basic. Cleanliness was never a problem. The dimensions of a traditional Riad however prove to be a challenge when siting a double bed which results in a narrow squeeze to move past it in the room, unless we just had the smallest room?
Overall we enjoyed the stay and would return but I think I would be more insistent about some refreshment on arrival to make sure they noted it.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank anthou1959
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We were upset to only stay one night at this wonderful riad. The gentleman who met us at the door was wonderfully hospitable in helping us settle in, despite it being past midnight. He showed us to our room... We were expectant of something far from special as it was only £25 for the night.. We were very wrong. The room was HUGE, beautifully decorated and extremely clean. We just wish we could have stayed there longer! I would whole heatedly recommend this riad... It deserves to be much higher than 445 in the rankings!

• Stayed: August 2013