“Excellent”
Review of Riad Mur Akush

Riad Mur Akush
Ranked #33 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My friends and I stayed at Riad Mur Akush for a couple of nights at the end of march 2014. From start to finish the service was exceptional and the guys at the riad were friendly and attentive. The riad itself was clean, well kept and in traditional Moroccan style with a lovely roof terrace. The only complaint we had was the weather (9*c and raining) for most of our stay!

Stayed: March 2014
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello!
Thank you so much for your review. We loved taking care of you and your friends and I am sorry that the weather was not as good as normal (you are right, it was unusually rainy that week!). I am so glad that you enjoyed the house and what it has to offer and of course the terrace! Thank you once and again, take care, Maria

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We loved everything about our recent 3-day stay at Riad Mur Akush. Weeks before we arrived, Maria was incredibly kind and helpful, answering all my questions and being patient with all my dithering about safaris and tours. We arrived a little earlier on the day we were expected -- which was no problem at all -- to be warmly greeted by Rachid and Mohamed, who couldn't do enough for us. Rachid gave us a map and told us all about the hotel and the area, and even helped us with directions to good eateries. We were then shown to our room -- the Amel suite on the top floor, with a bedroom, seating area and enormous bathroom. The suite was lovely and spacious, and the bathroom is the size of some hotel rooms I've stayed in! Mohamed brought us a pot of mint tea, and he would smilingly keep us supplied with 'Berber whiskey' every time he was asked. We had pre-ordered dinner on the terrace that evening and it was just amazing: a beautiful array of Moroccon 'meze' dishes and a tasty tagine, followed by fruit and more mint tea. Maria had even arranged a bottle of wine -- the best one on our entire trip to Morocco, and the least expensive, too. Every morning we had breakfast brought up to our room, and it's both delicious and extensive -- yogurt, bread, jams, pastries and coffee. And the location is wonderful, within walking distance to the entire medina and in a very good and safe area. We just loved our stay at Riad Mur Akush and can't wait to return some day. Thanks to Maria, Rachid and Mohamed for making our time in Marrakech extra special. :)

Room Tip: The Amel suite on the top floor is very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

It was wonderful reading your review of Riad Mur Akush, thank you so much for your kind words. We love taking care of our guests and the best thing to hear is that our guests had a great stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed the food and the wine, we use the best ingredients we can find and everything is cooked fresh, to make sure that we offer the best meal we can!
The Grand Suite Amel is indeed a wonderful room, and I am glad that you liked it :-)
The team in Mur Akush send you their warmest wishes and I hope that we will have you stay with us again in the future. Take care for now and all the best for the future. Maria

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We are so pleased with this lovely little rustic Riad in the old city of Marrakech. The staff here are all so wonderfully helpful and kind and genuine. This makes it a rare gem of a place to stay in any city much less Marrakech which is really confusing and hard to get around. I got good poisoning (careful of the restaurant call Les Terrasses de l'Alhambra in the main square) and was sick most of the trip. My husband could not have coped if Mohammed and Rashid weren't so helpful and courteous. Thank you again. We definitely recommend this Riad for anyone planning to visit Marrakech.

Room Tip: We stayed in room Hammam which is really nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your considerate review, it is very much appreciated. Mohamed and Rachid send their wishes and thanks for your kind words and we all hope that you are much better now.
All the best and we are looking forward to welcoming you or your friends in the future.
Mohamed, Rachid, Maria.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The riad is located in an excellent location inside the medina. We were greeted by friendly staff members who gave us some tips on the local area. They even supplied us with a travel socket adapter and made us mint tea and coffee upon request The rooms are very nicely decorated and cosy. An atmosphere was very relaxing with an amazing rooftop terrace that had a great view of the city. Overall, the service was excellent and well worth the money, also a true experience of maroccan culture.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that you had a good stay with us and I am looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Marrakech. All the best, Maria

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had a lovely stay here. There was great attention to design in the decor. Our room was beautiful; although it was on the main floor, we did not find it to be noisy. The riad is small and does not have much traffic coming in and out. The staff were very helpful,mane we had the feeling that we were in a home rather than a hotel. I highly recommend this riad.

Room Tip: The suites on the upper floors are very attractive and comfortable. The first floor room is small bu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you likes Suite D'Olive and that you had a good stay with us. We wish you all the best in the future. Regards, Maria

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent a few nights at this riad as a group of couples/friends. It is simply gorgeous and the staff is just excellent and so kind.
Our friends arranged the trip and we did no work. I understand that the woman and her employees did all of the arranging for us and our tours and other trips in Morocco. They did great.
The exterior of the riad cannot reveal how lovely it is inside. There is a lovely fountain, exotic décor, and comfort too. The foods that were prepared for us were excellent too, and we enjoyed some meals and snacks on their terrace too - must spend some time there.
My only complaint was small - the towels aren't terribly soft - but maybe that is because of the water, I don't know. But I would definitely recommend this riad - their hospitality was just plain superb!!! And, I am pretty sure I slept splendidly every day :)

Room Tip: any of the rooms are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RADeForest
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hello and thank you for your review for our riad. I am glad that you and your friends had a good stay with us, it was such a pleasure to take care of you. I am also very happy that you had the trip that we organised for you went so well. The Sahara trip is a great way to see a different side of Morocco and I am glad that your experience was a good one! Thank you again for your kind words, I really appreciate it. With regards to the towels, I will certainly check this and sort it out!
Take care, Maria

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very homely Riad, clean, cool and quiet in the busy town! the staff are lovely and cannot do enough for you! nothing is too much trouble. Very good breakfast and homely cooked dinner if you require it. The only reason I did not give five stars is the bed was really hard and uncomfortable!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends