“Perfect Perfect Perfect !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Aguerzame

Riad Aguerzame
Ranked #12 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
“Perfect Perfect Perfect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a wonderful stay with Laurent and his team. Everything was better then we could have ever hoped for !!

We were Picked up from the airport, & arrived 30 min's later to be greeted by our lovely hosts in their cosy & stylish home.

Our welcome chat was brilliant fun, with plenty of wine & personal advice on all the amazing restaurants and trips on offer. I truly felt that the hosts love what they do and want you to have the best experiences in Marrakech.

The team really are very classy and have the best contacts for booking trips / Restaurants. Only the best will do.

It was my birthday and Laurent spent several hours helping us plan the day, helping book the Spa's, Hammam's, Restaurants, Flowers, Cake, it was very special and they made it easy for us.

We booked dinner on the first night and it was my favourite meal of the trip. You must eat here, it was a unique & beautiful experience !

Location is perfect for seeing the medina and old town & near the top attractions.

All I would say is stop looking for a hotel, just trust me, stay hear, you will love it too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tishtash2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful Riad at the end of November. We got picked up at the airport which I would recommend as the riad is difficult to find. It is in a perfect location only 5 minutes walk from the Medina but quiet and peaceful. Laurent was really helpful throughout our stay.The perfect Riad!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Claire O
Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We came to Riad Aguerzame from the south after a long bus ride from Merzouga. Laurent let us rest then he gave us the most informative helpful rundown about how to see Marrakech. His advice, help finding our way around, and hospitable nature had us feeling like we were staying at his home. Great conversation, pulling out the guitar even!! As I am a female traveling with my 12 yr old daughter, it was nice to have someone speaking great English full of information and reliable directions. Laurent and Aziz helped with transportation and other reservations which lessened my stress level. Our room was clean, the food was fresh, staff personable, and I wanted to take the courtyard home with me. Just trying to figure out when I can go back?

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hacampbell
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Riad. Aziz and Laurent made us feel at home at the get go and gave us great tips on where to eat and places to see. Conveniently located and wonderfully furnished, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Nicely managed riad in the heart of the medina. The staff is very caring and organized everything for us. In staying there you get a feeling of Morroco but can also escape the noisy atmospere of the jemaa el fna. We highly recommend it as it is worth the money!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
chesham bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been visiting Morocco since the mid 90's, a mix of holidays and business. Whilst most Riads offer the peace and tranquility not found in the busy streets of Marrakech...Riad Aguerzame goes the extra mile....and then more. Everything they said they would do for us they did, meet and greet, taxis, bus tickets, the list goes on..just as if I'd been an old friend or cousin visiting.

Laurent had stayed up until after 2am too greet us, and then stayed a while chilling and chatting until after three.

He has built a team of truely specail people around him, Aziz and Aziza, and a cook whose manes escapes me.... all delightful, there when needed and we never felt crowded. If you seek a place where you feel safe, is clean and that you'd recommend to ...this is it. Thank you again.

Room Tip: they all looked wonderful..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DrCaretaker
bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked a midweek package for this trip, based on trip advisor reviews for my first trip to Morocco. This was a special occasion, it was my 9th wedding anniversary and my husband was a little worried about going to Marrakech

He needn't have worried; Laurent handled all the details beautifully; we were picked up from the airport ( I'd recommend this as its very easy to get lost), on arrival we were warmly welcomed and shown to our gorgeous room, offered plenty of mint tea and water and given maps and lots of tips for places to visit and eat.

Aziz took us to the main square, making sure that we knew the main landmarks and our way back to the riad. Marrakech was hectic as it was the day before Eid, but we coped and found our way back.

Dinner was at 8pm and was delicious. Lamb tangine, as much of the local "grey" wine as we wanted ( delicious) and to my delight we were given a chocolate cake to celebrate our anniversary.

Laurent is happy to book restaurants; we were lucky to get into Pepe Nero, the best restaurant in the city, which was nearby. Another favourite was Petit Dejeuner which was very reasonably priced with a great view.

Laurent also booked our taxi back to the airport and let us stay until the taxi was due at 6pm. (Our room needed to be vacated by 12 midday). We were sorry to leave this lovely riad and we already miss the wonderful Laurent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple