All reviewsthe main squareorange treesmint teafirst morningroof terracemoroccan winejemaa elfirst floorfew minutes walkthe location is perfecthome away from homea wonderful stayvisiting marrakechold cityazizcourtyardriad
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had an excellent stay at Riad Aguerzame. It was just my mother and I traveling, and as two women, we were a bit nervous about getting around Marrakech. Aziz took us out to the main square our first night so we would know the way and made sure we were comfortable walking around the area. The meal the first night was delicious, though we were served way too much food for just the 2 of us to finish! Together, Aziz and Laurent helped plan our day-trip to Ourika, a camel ride, and made dinner reservations for us the remaining two nights. They were more than willing to help with everything we needed. Aziz even came to retrieve us from a restaurant in an unfamiliar part of the town one night. They were very gracious and helpful hosts and I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants a stress-free trip to Marrakech!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I would like to thank Laurent and Aziz for their wonderful reception, help and generous hospitality during our stay in Marrakech. The Riad itself is beautiful and felt like a wonderful haven of tranquillity from the hustle and bustle of the City outside. On arrival, we were offered a welcome drink in the beautiful courtyard and Laurent gave us a very helpful explanation and guide to the City with lots of useful advice on what to do and where to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This traditional riad is ideally located about 10 minutes easy walk from the main square and souk. A very quiet position with a lovely central courtyard and roof deck for the evening breeze and a glass of Moroccan wine. Laurant and Azziz are perfect hosts and although we stayed four nights we could easily have stayed for longer. We had booked a triple room but on our arrival were given another room for our daughter, she of course was thrilled as were we as in the heat it was lovely to be able to spread out in the air conditioned room on a comfortable large bed. Our room was long but narrow so one had to squeeze a little to walk by the bed this was my only negative comment. Bathroom had a great large shower with shower products and towels changed daily. Breakfast was continental with fresh orange juice, yoghurt, preserves. Assorted cakes or croissants and breads (which I suspect came out of packets) which was adequate but not exciting. This is a very pleasant riad with friendly staff, good rooms and peaceful position we definitely loved our stay here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank glensy
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family rented the entire Riad for 3 days. Hence, not only could we benefit from the much applauded services of the hosts, Laurent, Aziz, Aziza and Leila (best Moroccan cook ever), but also enjoyed the tranquility of the place. There are many good Riads in Marrakech, but this one goes the extra mile to serve customers every day. Also, it is located more centrally than others... and very clean and tidy. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank BernhardZurich
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Thanks to the numerous positive reviews on TripAdvisor, we booked a 6 night stay in Riad Aguerzame. It was a family reunion for us, as we met in Marrakech for the Rallye du Maroc Historique's Finish Line on 5/18/13. We had a total of 10 family members at one point and we pretty much "owned" the Riad for 4 nights. The rooms were cozy, clean and comfortable. Service was impeccable. We were warmly greeted by Serge, Stephane and Aziz, a trio that made our stay memorable and very enjoyable.

Aziz was truly an amazing "Concierge" - very knowledgeable, pleasant and handsome young man whose main concern is the comfort and the well being of the Riad's guests. He went out of his way to provide the best service ever, from preparing and serving our first glass of mint tea, reconfirming our tour reservations, mailing our postcards, lighting up our shisha and even packing our precious Moroccan plates & bowls in bubble wrap! He was warm, friendly and extremely helpful. And even shared with me the step by step process of making that delicious Mint Tea! He is truly an asset for Riad Aguerzame!

On the recommendation of the other TA reviewers, we booked a Dinner at the Riad. The Sardine Tagine was outstanding! We had a salad of tomatoes, potatoes and green peppers and a delicious cassata cake for dessert. We chose a good Morrocan White Wine to compliment our Dinner Entree. Leila truly is a great chef and Aziza completes the staff - a quiet, gentle wonderful woman who was there to make everything spotless each day.

The Riad arranged for our airport transfers as well as our car service to a dinner function in the Bab Atlas Area - very efficient and reliable. Aziz made it all happen!

Just as written in all the reviews, we were given a brief introduction to the area and was accompanied to our first walk to the square. It was very helpful and landmarks were given to make sure we get back "home." There were 2 restaurants that we frequented very close to the Riad - Un Dejeuner a Marrakech & La Porte du Monde. These were across from each other.

Although I give real high marks for this Riad Experience, there are a few set backs, such as really slow drain in the shower area in all bathrooms. A pool of water collects as you shower and takes a while before it subsides. Beds are comfortable but on the firm side, and a few more pillows would be ideal. Breakfast was good with fresh fruits, assorted cakes and pastries, but after 6 days of pretty much the same thing, I was ready for my scrambled eggs/omelets, sausage, hash browns and cereal.

On a positive note - I asked if there were safety deposit boxes in the rooms or the office and I was surprised when the answer was "NO" Both Serge and Stephane assured me that the Riad was very safe and that doors did not need any locks....very different from hotels in the US, Europe and Asia - but indeed it was SAFE! Yes this is MY HOME in Marrakech and I would not hesitate to invite others to make it their home as well.

Thank you Riad Aguerzame for making our stay an Experience to Remember. My only regret is not having the chance to meet Laurent - maybe next time?

Room Tip: 2nd Floor rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family