“Pure tourism ”

Ranked #101 of 956 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A divine restaurant with the most beautiful view on the famous Jemaa El Fna square. A fantastic adaptation of Oriental flavours and its yesteryear scents adorned with flavourful Moroccan recipes with all together tradional but also joyful and surprising. The Oriental lounge opens at 5 pm. Open daily from noon till 1:00 am. Oriental Belly dancers show every evening.
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Tues 30th April. Our last evening in Marrakech, my wife and I decided to try La Marrakchi having read the reviews on TripAdvisor. Restaurant was packed and waiters were thin on the ground. We ordered the mixed brochette and beef tania respectively, the wait between ordering and dishes arriving became a bit of a marathon. When food did arrive it was disappointing to find the chicken on brochette was almost raw so promptly sent back further delaying the meal. Apologies to those who rave about this restaurant but from a personal view it was a rather apathetic experience. I suppose as a major tourist venue this should have been expected.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I do like it here and have eaten here many times. Food is generous but the tables a little small. The only negative thing I would have add is a message for non-smokers. If youcdont smoke it cab become unbearable here.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Three of us went and found it by chance not really looking for any specific place. The atmosphere was fun and lively. We ordered three different things and some soup. All were excellent and we had fun trying all of the new things.

Our waiter was very quiet and looked like he could throw you to the mat but in reality was charming... He seemed to be sweet on out friend from Egypt, and is say she did not mind. Hehehe shhhh.

All in all a great experience and would go back again if we were staying longer.

Oh and the belly dancer was a great finishing touch.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The belly dancers and live musicians are awesome and so is the food. I highly recommend this place. Both of us had the Couscous Royal... which was incredible and too big for either of us to finish. Highly recommend this place with a GREAT view of the Djemaa El Fna square... especially right after dark, it's beautiful with great food, music and belly dancers!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

No doubt this venue has fantastic views of the market area. However, the food, although good, was not fantastic and did not reflect the premium price. We only sampled the cheapest main course and four of the smallest bottles of beer I have ever seen with the bill totalling to over 90 Euros for our group of four. O.K. 20 Euros a head does not seem expensive but for what we had it certainly was! When we asked how large the side dishes were we were informed 'very small' so we ordered one each. On arrival we realised this was not the case and they were, in fact, sufficient for four. In consequence we paid for three dishes we did not need.When the time came to pay I left a reasonable tip (calculated on local experience and recommendations in journals) along with the amount owed for the meal. At lightening speed the waiter opened the service wallet, counted the money and discarded the tip! I asked him what the problem was and he said he wanted over double I had left or I could keep it! Guess what I did.....went back into my wallet from whence it came! Sure, the ambiance was very 'local' but together with the high price of the food and the indifferent service I would not recommend this restaurant.